Sign in to follow this  
pipho

T-rig vs c-rig

Guest avid

Lotsa reasons.

I'll give ya one then defer to the real c-rig experts, JFYI there are stickies on these for articles and past threads.

T-rigs can deal with very thick cover. A c-rig because the weight is several feet in front of the lure works better in cover that's a little sparser.

Exactly what avid said   8-)

I agree with Avid & Catt, you are much less likely to get snagged or tangled up with a T-rig. I like a C-rig in deeper, open water and T-rig in shallow heavy cover. JMHO

Ronnie

A T-rig is best suited for fishing a pinpoint location like a brush or rock pile. A C-Rig is best suited for fish an area like a point, stump or grass flat.

When bass fishing in very deep water, the C-rig and a floating plastic can be used with a heavy weight.

The heavy weight will get you down there pronto, but it won't affect the action of the plastic in tow.

On the other hand, the T-rig with a heavy weight will be dragged around by the nose, directly affecting its fall rate.

Given a choice, I'll always opt for the T-rig because it's quicker to rig, easier to cast and easier to set the hook.

When setting the hook on a C-rig, you've got to straighten the line between the rod-tip and the egg sinker,

as well as the line between the egg sinker and hook. That V-shaped dihedral in the line can absorb a lot of hook-setting force.

Roger

The c-rig is one of my favorites, and I agree with what has been said. Unlike RoLo I prefer the C-rig; it suits my fishing style better. I will use a t-rig, but will often use a jig instead. I like fishing deep water structure, and that is where a c-rig really shines. Good luck.

Also, fish sometimes shy away from the weight on T-rigs, they feel the weigth and drop it.      

C-rig gives the bait a weightless approach in deep waters that takes to long to get into the strikezone.

C-rig can and is used in brush piles.

C-rig stays in contact with the bottom, it is widely used to better learn the bottom as you drag it.

Each are just tools and different approaches, each has its own uses.

Matt.