Sign in to follow this  
basspimple

big shakin

so with great luck with a shaky head last season, ive got an idea about using somthing for bigger fish this season, and easy to use on heavier baitcasting tackle. with big straight worms like the 10" yum paddle tail or the 10" luck e strike baby huey in mind, is there any company that makes heads with big enough hooks and wieght for baits this large? all i have ever seen are the standard 3/0 and 4/0 hook sizes. any help would be fantastic! :D

-jeff

i use the 10inch big show paddles as a shakey beit alot, with good luck. Gitbit baits has a head called the Kicker Sticker that comes in a 3/8 oz 5/0 size, its awesome for bigger baits.

Cast Industries make these.  Let me know what you think.  They don't have them listed on their website, but if you PM me your email address I'll send you their Catalog (I'd send it over BR, but it's pretty large).  The one downside to them is that the smallest quantity you can order is 50 of one size and one color.  There is NO mix and match of sizes, color, etc.  But think of it this way, you can stockpile your supply.  I just put in an order with these guys for a couple hundred jig heads.  They can also Customize the jig head to a certain point.

post-10121-130162880265_thumb.gif

Man, those are some mighty fine looking jigheads! Unfortunate about the quantity order thing though :-/

thanks for all the replies. as with what branus has said, those jig heads do look great! but i would like to expiriment with a few brands, not buy in bulk, at least not yet.