Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

A veteran passes on Veteran's day-NEPVA Angler

Folks, I just got some very sad news.  One of the anglers from the NEPVA tournament we hosted in October has passed away at 10:30 today.  Veteran's Day.

John Walls served our country with the U.S. Navy.  John's service left him without legs but not without a passion for fishing and a compassion to share it with others.  

He has been with the NEPVA for approximately 7 yrs and was the first to join in from the state of NY.  As a true ambassador of the sport, John proceeded to bring in more vets and get them involved in the program.  By more, I mean A LOT more.  John didn't just get them to participate, he provided these guys with transportation to and from all the tournaments as well.  He is solely responsible for a some significant growth of the program and will be terribly missed by all.

John was also a proud member of the NY Rolling Thunder

Please take a moment to honor this fallen American.  May he rest in peace and may his work be continued by others in his memory.

Rest in Peace John

JohnWalls.jpg

He was another great American that, through his efforts, has made the country a better place.

R.I.P.

REALLY, REALLY bad :(

RIP my friend...

As Ever,

skillet

As a soldier, I'm really appreciative of those that fought before me.  This guy was and is an inspiration that no matter what happens "over there," there are still things worth fighting for and enjoying back home.  From one vet to another, thanks.

As a soldier, I'm really appreciative of those that fought before me.  This guy was and is an inspiration that no matter what happens "over there," there are still things worth fighting for and enjoying back home.  From one vet to another, thanks.

Very well said.  

From one squid to another, thank you.