Sign in to follow this  
fishfordollars

In the zone

Have you ever been there? I can tell you I have a few times and it is an awsome feeling.

I mean being able to call your shot. The last time I was in there was with a crankbait. I almost bet a guy that had just fished a point a hundred bucks that I could catch a solid keeper(2 lbs +) within five cast off the point he just blanked on with a plastic. We did discuss the offer though. I wish I had. I went over to it and caught a 3+ on the second cast with a crankbait.

I was in Little Caney Creek at Lake Fork about four years ago on Veteran's Day weekend and had one of those days.  On my 5th cast with a jig n pig I caught a 9.8# lm.  Within one hour I had a 9.3, 8.8, 8.3, and a 6.6 in the boat.  I could 'feel' where they were and how they wanted the jig n pig.  And I broke one off one that was bigger than any of them.  It is definately fun when you get in the zone.

Yes!

At a friend's pond I caught them on almost every cast.

And using all types of baits but mostly plastics.

I even lost a buzzbait when my line got caught in some wood and a stray mono line that had snagged the wood.  Ever lose a buzzbait? Unless it flies off your line it is impossible, but I did it.

I caught some beautiful bass.

Hope to go back once we get some rain.

Come on tropical storm. Where are you?  ;D

You guys are fortunate that  "you were in the zone" and were calling your shots.

I've been in the zone a few times but it wasn't the bass zone.

Being 'in the zone' is an awesome feeling. Most times when it happens, I'm fishing isolated brushpiles in the summertime.

I once caught 22 fish on 23 casts on a point one day. Lm,sm,rock bass, walleye,crappie and bluegill/sunfish. 3" white twister on a 1/8 oz. jighead. It was ridiculous! What-no pike? I felt like i really knew what i was doing. Gotta hit that point every time i visit that lake....

I was in the Zone for most of last year boating 11 bass over 10 pounds; this year not to much  ;)