Sign in to follow this  
dieselaw

summer/fall fish finding

i was just wondering what were some of your favorite lures for finding bass at the lakes, something u can fish quick and hit a lot of water effectively.  

Its still a bit early out here in AZ, but during the fall I love to throw deep diving crankbaits...LC D-20s and Norman D22s.  I'll just set the trolling motor on 2 or 3 and cruise the shorline, fishing 8-15 feet of water.

For me summer is all about vegetation, but deep water techniques can be very affective also although im not a good deep water fisherman so i cant help you with that.  Soft plastics and frogs in the weeds are great.

Try throwing a jig in deep water structure. If you have a hard bottom throw a deep diver that will knock off anything hard it hits. That will help you find the fish. Fish will react to something loud that has a good contact with the bottom. Another great technique is to throw a C-rig large worm.

I also like to throw strike kings red eye shad. It has a great woble and very loud.

In times where I cannot catch any fish I will just about throw everything I have at the fish.

Good Luck to You ;)

-Nitroman ;)

Summer- deep cranks and jigs anywhere from 8-25 ft deep

Fall- crankbaits and spinnerbaits generally more shallow. Bass will be keying on shad big time in the fall. You find the shad, you find the bass.

Lakes that have at least a fair amount of shallow water vegetation I always use poppers and topwater cranks at twilight/dark hours.

Lakes that have little to no shallow water vegetation, I use spinners and diving cranks

Summer- deep cranks and jigs anywhere from 8-25 ft deep

Fall- crankbaits and spinnerbaits generally more shallow. Bass will be keying on shad big time in the fall. You find the shad, you find the bass.

X2

When it comes to locating fish, I'll throw a buzzbait all day during practice if the conditions allow it. Otherwise you gotta cover water and find the cocentrations of fish, then you can slow down and refine your presentations and try and figure out a pattern. I'll always have a spinner bait tied on,.. 1/2oz when searching so I can get it deeper, cast it farther, and burn it.