Sign in to follow this  
BassinBoy

Im ready for Spring!

I got my game plan all set out!

I've got 3 new Matzou Suspending Jerkbaits

Im going to be fishing them on a Cabelas 6'6" M baitcasting rod with a Shimano Citica, 10 lb. Mono

I have Spot Remover jig heads (3/16 and 1/4) that I am going to fish with a Zoom Trick Worm as a fineese style bait.

Ive been doing some reading and research and these two techniques should work.

These will be my two prime baits and I might also throw a Rat-L-Trap and a lizard a when the spawn is a little closer.

My weapons of choice that will carry me from pre-spawn into the spawn  ;)

Rat-L-Trap ½ oz in either Gold/Black Back/Orange Belly or Red Chrome

Stanley Wedge Plus Spinner Bait ½ oz Double Gold Willow Leaf & White Skirt

Oldham's Lures Trailer Hitch Jig, 3/8 oz Black/Blue, Gene Larew Salty Hawg Craws in 5 with 1 ½ cut off the tail.

Texas Rigged Jig ¼ oz Black/Brown/Amber, Strike King 5/0 Saber Point Offset Hook, Gene Larew Salty Hawg Craws in 6 in Black Neon.

Texas Rig: ¼ oz Bullet Weight Black, Mustad 3/0 Straight Shank Denny Brauer Flipping Hook, & lizards in Watermelon Neon, Black-N-Blue, or Cinnamon Pepper Neon/June Bug Laminated (Camouflage).

I got my game plan all set out!

I've got 3 new Matzou Suspending Jerkbaits

Im going to be fishing them on a Cabelas 6'6" M baitcasting rod with a Shimano Citica, 10 lb. Mono

I have Spot Remover jig heads (3/16 and 1/4) that I am going to fish with a Zoom Trick Worm as a fineese style bait.

Ive been doing some reading and research and these two techniques should work.

These will be my two prime baits and I might also throw a Rat-L-Trap and a lizard a when the spawn is a little closer.

That spot remover with the zoom trickworm will catch you many fish. Trust me, it works. ;)

I have a new Citica D on a rod to be determined this weekend. I have five of my favorite jigs and many packages of my favorite worms. Also a watercraft is in the makings. So bring it spring.

rage tail lizard on a c rig

a ima roumba

a couple shallow cranks

some space monkeys

and im going toget some river2sea nest raiders

all i got for xmas was fishn gear and a new boat so im gonna be on the lake atleast 6 times a week haha

I can't set up for Spring yet. I'm still fishing the winter bite. I caught 17 on Friday.  :)

I'm just ready to get out on soft water. I have a game plan too.

1. Get the boat wet.

2. FISH!

nuf said

My weapons of choice that will carry me from pre-spawn into the spawn ;)

Rat-L-Trap ½ oz in either Gold/Black Back/Orange Belly or Red Chrome

Stanley Wedge Plus Spinner Bait ½ oz Double Gold Willow Leaf & White Skirt

Oldham's Lures Trailer Hitch Jig, 3/8 oz Black/Blue, Gene Larew Salty Hawg Craws in 5 with 1 ½ cut off the tail.

Texas Rigged Jig ¼ oz Black/Brown/Amber, Strike King 5/0 Saber Point Offset Hook, Gene Larew Salty Hawg Craws in 6 in Black Neon.

Texas Rig: ¼ oz Bullet Weight Black, Mustad 3/0 Straight Shank Denny Brauer Flipping Hook, & lizards in Watermelon Neon, Black-N-Blue, or Cinnamon Pepper Neon/June Bug Laminated (Camouflage).

Take a good look y 'all, notice that Catt didn 't use the word "spring" , for us guyz down here in the south it 's the pre-spawn.  ;)

I just want to go get my lures wet! I don't care about techniques, I'm just so anxious to go. All jitterbugged up! LOL ;D

***cough*** bathtub works ***cough***  :-[

I did to say spring ;)

As stated above, I've been ready for Spring since the last cast I took in the Fall. All I have to do is get the boat in the water.

Falcon

I am totally ready. It is -20 deg F here right now but I am still ready.

I have fed the bait monkey with all my Christmas gift certificates. My tackle is all organized. The reels have been serviced. I have even been practicing my pitching every night in the basement and detecting "bites" when the cats bat the casting weight.

I am totally ready.

Bob K :D