Sign in to follow this  
mferris

cabella's store

i am thinking of taking an 1 1/2hr drive to a cabelas tomorrow.i was wondering if the stores have most of the stuff in the catalog in store or do they have a limited supply on display.....

The one here north of Chicago stunk as far as what they had in the store vs. the catalog.

A quick phonecall might save you some time.

The store in Hamburg PA has an EXCELLENT SELECTION> Since it's the end of January , and most retailers have done a recent post season sale and inventory has just been taken I would expect to see more than a few sections with next years stuff not on display yet, just stickers where they go. Usually this situation rectifies itself in late Feb.

anyone been to the hartford,conn store recently

I've been to the one in Hartford, CT twice now. I wasn't impressed at all! Stuff wasn't organized much better than a typical Dick's. And the people there really don't know the products that well....or where they are! I've also went to the BPS shop out by Boston. Much better store than Cabelas. Organized and the folks there know their stuff! JMO  ;)

I was at the Cabelas in Wheeling thursday evening. They are still setting up their fishing department for the spring sales but they did have a full selection of most everything, including their newly redesigned Tourney trail rods and their new prodigy rods. They have a full selection of lures, cranks, spinners, rapala has one half of one aisle and part of another, hooks and everything else. They are still in the process of re-designing the layout but was pretty well stocked with merchandise.

I have only been to a few Cab stores but i think BPS kicks their bass when it comes to knowledge and organization . CAb is good cataloge ordering though id stick with that IMO

thanks for the input,i guess i won't bother going there....i'll just order from the catalog.........

I was at the Hartford one last month, I thought the layout and selection of stuff was pretty poor. But if you go there looking for big stuff like rods and reels and they dont have it they'll ship it to your house at no charge. But if you go their looking to browse save your time and gas.

I took the kids to the one in Hartford last week and was not impressed. Poor layout and staff really wasn't friendly. Been to Bass Pro in Foxborough many times very satisfied with the store and layout.

I would call the store first to see if they have what you want!