Sign in to follow this  
Rand

Springtime Fishing at Night

Just wondering who's tried to fish in the spring at night? This doesn't go for those of you were there really isn't a winter.  But what temps do you think it needs to be. In the summer I night fish a lot of golf courses and such during the week. This is easier and more convenient than puttin the boat on the water. Plus its kind of a thrill.

Rand

Can't go wrong at night in spring, summer or fall.

I live in Wisconsin and I guide at night and 80% of my fishing is at night! I do fish at night in the Spring but I start wright about the Pre spawn . The bass are easy to find on the first or second break lines and sometimes a bit deeper.Look for points, flats,humps and sunkin islands. And if you know where Bass spawn on your lake just move out of the spawning area and they will be close by, in a little deeper water where they will be staging. You may see the males up in the flats but, the big females will be out waiting for the wright water temp.I fish C-rigs,jerk baits,Drop Shot,split shot rigs,flukes, jigs,finn,worms, crankbaits! As I said I guide so I have 20 rods in my boat all pre rigged. Now you may not have that many in your boat then try to fish the baits that you have faith in and fish SLOW!

Thanks for the info. I am just chomping at the bit to get on the water. So everytime I think of something else to write bout I am posting. Its like a weird kind of therapy.

Thanks for the info. I am just chomping at the bit to get on the water. So everytime I think of something else to write bout I am posting. Its like a weird kind of therapy.

Thats fine,we are all here to help one another! If you need to know something just ask and someone will answer your question. Or you can PM them too. I fish alot and I guide,I fish tournaments,I give seminars, I have 7 sponsors and I have learned alot on this site. You should not be too proud to ask a question!

I really like night fishing during any season...fair skinned so I don't burn ::)

Ya, me too! :-[

It's a little too cool for me right now for overnight fishing (about 40 degrees), but during the summer it's the most comfortable way to go (when it's 112 degrees)    and my prefered way to fish then.     Happy fishing.

~B.A.S.S.~N.A.F.C.~BoatU.S.~

me and my buddy when i used to live in michigan would do really well on frogs at night for some reason. it was awesome. when the water gets in like the 50s there the fish really turn on.