Sign in to follow this  
Mobydick

Pitchin' and Flippin' Competition.....any ideas?

While playin around with some jigs, a bucket, and a homemade dock in my yard with some buddies, we thought, why not make this a competition. I brainstormed up these ideas -

Pitchin at 10-20-30- and 40 feet

Flippin at 10-20- and 30 feet

Target would me a small plastic cup, like the ones you use in your bathrooms.

How do you guys think we should set this up, as to the format?

Should each player have a set time like 10 minutes to try to get as many scores as possible, or each player get 15 casts?

Please post any ideas you have! Thanks!

Ian

Flippn' & Pitchn' at an open target is easy; add some type of brush  ;)

Give em 5 cast per target with points per cast going up with distance

To get more concentration out of the participants, make it a strip pitching and flipping game.

Every time you lose a round, you take off an item of clothing.

Get some girls involved, too.  ;D   ;D   ;D

hahaha.  I think girls would be a must for the strip competition.  

Good idea though with this competition, I say go with the time limit.  The quicker you can retrieve and flip/pitch again the higher chances of getting a strike are on the water, so why not replicate that in the competition!?

If you record a voiceover of someome shouting BOOHYA!!! and play it everytime your lure lands in the bucket you could sell this game for 99$ at bass pro!!! 8-)

Use a close out type activity. Take turns and have different pointsout there, and when one gets it in the cup, it's closed. You could have various distances, and take turns going. When all the cups are done, move the location, and re-draw the order of pitch/flip. There could be 4 rounds, kinda like a 4 day tourney, or have a cut after 2 rounds, or whatever!!! Winner would be the guy/gal that has accumulated the most points over 4 rounds.  Tons of cups, and choices would be best in my opinion, to make the rounds a little longer, and have lots of points out there.  Don't market this and makes millions on it please. :D  If you do, throw me a few bucks for a nice baitcater reel and rod.  Have fun! Peace.

Use a close out type activity. Take turns and have different pointsout there, and when one gets it in the cup, it's closed. You could have various distances, and take turns going. When all the cups are done, move the location, and re-draw the order of pitch/flip. There could be 4 rounds, kinda like a 4 day tourney, or have a cut after 2 rounds, or whatever!!! Winner would be the guy/gal that has accumulated the most points over 4 rounds. Tons of cups, and choices would be best in my opinion, to make the rounds a little longer, and have lots of points out there. Don't market this and makes millions on it please. :D If you do, throw me a few bucks for a nice baitcater reel and rod. Have fun! Peace.

Thats a great idea hjerk24!

Maybe ill combine that with the strip pitchin and flippin ;D

Catt, I have thought up a way to add brush (christmas trees and bush's). That should make it fun!

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Ian

Not that it is a big deal, but teaching Health and Phys. Ed...I am always trying to think up, and modify games for kids, and for fishing club at school.  ThX for the props.

If you record a voiceover of someome shouting BOOHYA!!! and play it everytime your lure lands in the bucket you could sell this game for 99$ at bass pro!!! 8-)

Thanks for the ideas, they will go to use!

We decided to put 5 bucks in and winner takes all. The target options are coming well. We are using the close out type of competition mentioned by BR's very own game modifying thinker upper.....hjerk24!

Ian

To get more concentration out of the participants, make it a strip pitching and flipping game.

Every time you lose a round, you take off an item of clothing.

Get some girls involved, too. ;D ;D ;D

What's the penalty for an accidental bird's nest? ;D  ;)

Here is another game.  Every competitor has their own cup of equal size as the target whatever distance in directly in front of them, say 30'. At the start, the goal is to land your bait into the cups of your opponents. If you land one in, they're. Last man wins. I suppose taking turns is the easiest way to avoid tangles  :o