Sign in to follow this  
fastcasterjo

is it a big one??

this past week I went fishing. We had a good afternoon 10 fish total. My biggest fish was a 3.5 lb smallie. Just wondering if that is a good sized smallie or just average. I have a pic on my pals phone and I will see if I can download it.

thats all for now.

Joe

I think 3 lbs is where bass get interesting. Part of it is the mass of a 3lb bass, but it seems like they fight harder and longer. A 3 1/2 lb smallmouth is a fine fish.

thanks guys

I just started going for smallmouths so I guess that is a pretty good start. The fish was pretty easy to pull in, I was kind of surprised. I think it was because I only had to reel in like 12 feet of my line and he was in.

got to go fishin

Joe

Igo,

3.5 smallie is more than enough to get the heart racing!  That's all the matters!  Post pics!

B

I will take those 3 1/2 pounders all day !!! I love catching 4,5's and 6's but, like RW said, when they start getting 3 1/2 pounds and up, it gets interesting. Its funny how there is so much difference in the fight between say a #2 and #3 1/2 smallie. I always felt the small wt. differences in a smallie make way more of a difference than in green bass.