Sign in to follow this  
brettpUNCW

Rage Tail Anaconda and Space Monkey???

Just purchased both... not quite sure how and where to fish em. anybody tried em or had luck? i actually threw the monkey today in a tournament texas rigged and had a bite late in the afternoon but that was it.  Any thoughts?

ragetail.com  great info on how to fish all their products.  Space monkey is very versatile bait.  You can swim it, fish it weightless like a buzzbait you can texas rig with weight pegged and flip it.  Anaconda can also be fished weightless on a 3/0 or 4/0 hook or you can swim it

on a weighted swim bait hook.  Hope this helps.

I just saw another thread that was talking about the anacondas.  

I still can't post links, so you will have to copy/paste the link.

bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1239373223

Other than the obvious techniques like Texas Rigs here's a little trick I use in shallow water :)

Killer Shallow Water Technique

Down in South West Louisiana we have numerous shallow water marshes with depths ranging from 1 ½ - 2 ½' filled with various type of vegetation with the most predominate being water lilies. My favorite such marsh is Lacassine Wildlife Refuge which has produces numerous double digit bass every year. Probably the most productive way to fish this shallow water grass fields is with any type of weed less top water baits and the popularity of plastic frogs they have became the #1 lure of choice.

As many of y'all may know going against the grain of what is popular will often produce better results simply because it's different.

Enter the Rage Tail 10 Anaconda with its unbelievable tail action

I use this awesome worm and a simple technique to set the bass population into a feeding frenzy.

Texas Rig a 10 Anaconda with a Strike King Saber Point Round Bend Offset 5/0 hook weightless.

Cast that bad boy into the thickest, nastiest, lily field around working it across the pads like a big ole snake stopping it in every opening regardless of size and hold on tight cause you just might get you're rod broke. The bass will also explode on the Anaconda while working it across the surface sending a shower of water and lilies high into the air, heart stopping to say the least.

Simple yeseffective absolutely

The Space Moneky has been my most productive lure this year.  I've been fishing it on an Owner Twist Lock 4/0 with a 1/8 oz weight on the shank.

Twistlock-Weighted.jpg

The rig will keep the lure upright, and underwater on all but the fastest retrieves.   Hookups are effortless.  9 times out of 10, when a fish gets on, there is just pressure and it's there.  

I swim these slowly along weedlines, etc.

The Space Moneky has been my most productive lure this year. I've been fishing it on an Owner Twist Lock 4/0 with a 1/8 oz weight on the shank.

Twistlock-Weighted.jpg

The rig will keep the lure upright, and underwater on all but the fastest retrieves. Hookups are effortless. 9 times out of 10, when a fish gets on, there is just pressure and it's there.

I swim these slowly along weedlines, etc.

Rowland, That is one of my favorite hooks as well and I use it on every Rage Tail bait there is at different times or when the need arises. Fishing larger high action soft plastics either weightless or with keel weighted hooks adds a whole new dimension to finesse style fishing that many others have yet to try or figure out..... :)

And Brett, I fish'em weightless, keel weighted, Tx rigged, Carolina rigged and all weight sizes depending on the wind and/or water depth....My favorite Tx rig weight is 1/4 and Carolina rig weight is 1/2 when wind allows.

Hope that helps....

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Caught only one this evening from shore at local pond on Anaconda. Only fished a half-hour as my wife came home from work and I had to go home.

Right by the shore under a dock.

Two other guys fishing the pond in a jon boat did not catch anything.

The bass was small, only 14 inches.

A 14-inch bass on a 10-inch Anaconda.

Go figure!  :)