Sign in to follow this  
TrippyJai

Super Spooks or Super Spook Jr.'s?

Which one do you prefer?

What color do you like or had most success with?

I agree with Russ.

You can pretty much keep topwater colors simple.The color on the bottom is most important.

I would like to add that I need a black in all my baits as well for dirty water,night,and very early morning fishing.

Bone or white-where shad are present and I like it on cloudy days as well.

Chrome-when it is sunny,just a good all around color.

Clear or translucent bottom-clear water and sunny conditions.You don't want the fish to get a real good look at the bait.

I like the super spook when I know there are big fish in the area and also when I see alot of big gizzard shad feeding.

For a quieter presentation I like the original zara spook.It is a pretty chunky bait, but the non-rattle,quiet swooshing sound can make all the difference at times. The super spooks and jr. are kinda loud aggressive baits.

I agree with ***.  They both have thier time and place.  Never tried the feathered hook on the Jr.  I'll give that a go this year.  

I agree with ***. They both have thier time and place. Never tried the feathered hook on the Jr. I'll give that a go this year.

Feathers are great! I also like to put a red hook on the front of mine.Just one of my little things I guess :)

I only really fish the jrs, I still get quality fish on them, but also get more numbers. I keep the big boys for saltwater fishing.

I have atleast 10 colors, but my three fav are ozark shad (green back, white belly) clear, and baby bass.

I like them both, they both have there place. I wouldnt go crazy on colors. I mostly use black and baby bass.

Thanks for the tips. Now that you mention it. I did read the previous thread when it active, but it totally slipped my mind until you mentioned it.

Neither- Spitin' image. Walks easier in my opinion.

-gk

I'm with the others, you need both. I tend to use bigger topwaters when I'm trying to call them out of deeper water, though they aren't limited to that application.

Go BIG if your going to use a Spook. If you want more numbers of fish I'd use a pop-r or a chug bug. I never did as good with a smaller spook. Color isn't important, they only see the bottom of it untill they are in the boat. A dark color for cloudy or dirty water, a light color for sunny, or clear water.

Good Fishn'