Sign in to follow this  
stratosjoe

Call us nuts, but

Going for smallmouth tomorrow and Sunday. Calling for temp drop from 48 to 34, 20-30 mph winds from the NW possible snow or rain.. Fishing a northern Indiana lake deepest water around 30' current water temp 38-40. MY take wind blown banks with ledges silver buddy. there are 2-3 points off into 30' water with small creeks on one side. Maybe hairfly, if able to fish cause of the wind! Not going is not an option too old and life is passing by too fast as it is. Any and all advice appreciated....Joe G

Good luck!

I canceled my trip for tomorrow.

:(

Good Luck....Sounds like your weather is considerably worse than the forecast for New England ths weekend.  I'll Be out there in the wind and rain but at least it will be around 60 degrees

well sat , rain, sleet,wind  caught four large mouth no smallies today caught 3 large head and the new world record smallmouth it was golden brown smallmouth carp 20+ lbs snagged in the tail on a silver buddy.  You talk about fun! I was froze but after I stuck him I warmed quickly....That first split second I had visions of smallmouth Grandeur on that rod but once it ran drag like a buick in that cold water I knew better. But still fun! Great friend great steaks cold beer and my Ceeeegars what a weekend.  :)