Sign in to follow this  
sean0920

attaching a strike 3x worm to a post shakey head

a friend gave me a a new 3x worm and i think i would have trouble putting it on a post of, say, a shake e 2 head, or other post style head.

anybody have expereince putting these on stand up heads?

i know what your saying! I just gave up trying to put them on a jig head! But they are great on a C-rig,or a T- rig.

The best jigheads I've found for those worms are the Tru Tungsten Ike's Spike and Weed Whacker jigs. They seem to hold the 3X plastics very nicely.

One of my go-to combinations all of last year, and great so far this year.

Cheers,

GK

works with the picasso screw lock jigs heads for shakey worms. just screw it into the top of the worm.

These are great worms. I find they work best with the barbed style of head: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98304____SearchResults

Screwlock would probably work too.

If you want to get it on a post, try this.  It worked for me with the Strike King finesse worms.

Clamp a needle or light gauge finish nail in a pair of forceps, vice grips, vice or whatever you have that will hold it securely.

Heat the needle.  A match will do, but if you want to do several worms use a small torch or cigarette lighter.

Center the worm head on the needle, then press it straight on, to a depth of 3/4".  

Before you "fix" all your worms, try the first to make sure it works properly.

Twist the worm as you put it on the post.

Use the smallest wire possible that allows you to install the worm without a struggle.  The larger the hole you make, the less grip it will have on the post.