Sign in to follow this  
Hammer 4

Diawa Crankbaits..

Was wondering if anyone has opinions re: the diawa cranks, spicificlly the suspended 6' diver in a bluegill pattern..do they tend to not run so true, do they catch fish..ect..? I realize the lucky craft ect are probably better bailts, but for abot 7.00 I was lookin at the diawa's.

Are you talking about the Daiwa DC Classic Shad SP?

Yes, they are good baits. I have several and they cast well, have good finishes, good hooks, good actions. They suspend horizontally. All of mine have run straight out of the package. They are very loud (louder than a rat-l-trap). The bluegill pattern has produced for me in clear water. They have produced pretty well for me overall. Pickerel LOVE them. For the price, I recommend them.

I have a bunch of Japanese Daiwa baits new in the package, and they are excellent baits. JUst can't use that many of them. Finish and hooks are great. Do not hesitate to buy Daiwa, as it is top notch gear.

Welp, I went and bought a couple, tried them out this am..and you guys are right, they do run just fine...to bad the bass weren't cooperating though...lol

Thanks again..

Don't forget the peanuts, they are pretty decent.

-gk

I have one of the shads and it is a great looking, well made bait but I just can't get it to run right. I have tried everything and I am usually successful tuning a plug, but not this time. Guess I just got a bad one but I will try more.