Sign in to follow this  
jenga

Trailer Question

I sometimes have problems loading my 93 skeeter when its windy out. The boat will sway from right to left. I have seen other trailers have things like bunkers or pvc pipe hold them in place. I cant find something that will work on my trailer. The frame of my boat is not a tube it is in a shape of an I. and the trailer has steps in front, back and over the wheels. There in lies the problem. Its hard to explain with out looking at it so I will get pics up when I get my boat back tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jenga

I sometimes have problems loading my 93 skeeter when its windy out. The boat will sway from right to left. I have seen other trailers have things like bunkers or pvc pipe hold them in place. I cant find something that will work on my trailer. The frame of my boat is not a tube it is in a shape of an I. and the trailer has steps in front, back and over the wheels. There in lies the problem. Its hard to explain with out looking at it so I will get pics up when I get my boat back tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jenga

heavy winds = less trailer in the water for me. also, get all the bunk boards wet before loading. i know ppl who also squirt bio-degradable shampoo on their bunk boars to make them slicker when wet.

You can't install the Guide-On with the U brackets? I would think the you can place the U brackets any way, where you want? I think that's how mine are. I have $69 from BPS that mounts with U brackets that crosses over each other. My guide's are also metal with a hard rubber protection for the boat. They just stand straight up too. They definitely helped me out.

This is mine.

post-22855-0-08695600-1302092479_thumb.j

post-22855-0-66082700-1302092493_thumb.j