Sign in to follow this  
Cracker

I beat the bait monkey!

It wasn't much but I won a $25 Bass pro gift card at their "members only" night I was hoping for the Kayak they were giving away, but I wont say no to $25 either.

So I got the little guy a spiderman pole (which he is wearing out the living room with), a pack of DOA shrimp (I use them for bass), a Booyah Moon talker Black nickle colorado spinner, and a BPS 4X4 buzzbait! Cant beat free stuff

n1320737568_30213201_2310342.jpg

4406_1073194033003_1320737568_30213.jpg

nice! i went to BPS tonight just to randomly shop and i TOTALLY forgot my ticket. got there and saw everyone in a line waiting to hand them in and i'm like.  :)

:sigh:  living 30 minutes away i figured it wasn't worth the trip back.  :'(

I always wondered if plastic shrimp baits would be good substitutes for crawfish...

You got one over on the bait monkey, very nice, but you can never beat the bait monkey!

I suppose you could end up homeless on the streets and not be able to afford tackle. That might sort of qualify as beating the bait monkey??? :-?

DOA shrimp work awesome for LM :) try it you wont be disappointed, and they are a much more durable plastic tham most freshwater lures. I rig the texas from the tail first, that way when you pop them off the bottom they tend to fall away from you and let you fish an area a bit slower.

I am out of work and going to school so the bait money has had to work a bit harder lately;) I will take any victory over him I can get ;D

You won the battle but he will ALWAYS win the war!!!!   ;D

The reason you hook the shrimp thru the tail is when shrimp fear danger they go backwards.  When using shrimp in current head hook them and just let them float.  DOA terror eyes are a great bass bait too.

Looks like I'm losing tomorrow.  :) headed out to Gander and have two pay checks for $200 that I will cash right before. And well I guess I could use a spinnerbait rod, I mean I don't really have one. And then I will need to buy a bunch of spinnerbait's to go with the rod, and Some line... uk

Looks like I'm losing tomorrow. :) headed out to Gander and have two pay checks for $200 that I will cash right before. And well I guess I could use a spinnerbait rod, I mean I don't really have one. And then I will need to buy a bunch of spinnerbait's to go with the rod, and Some line... uk

AWWW, i feel you bro! I just sold a car i had as a spare and well.........i have a doctors apointment tomorrow close to the Bass Pro Shop so i might as well drop in and have a look see, right!?!

Fact: without the baitmonkey 87% of largemouth bass caught in 2008 would not have been caught.

you know 45% of all facts made up on the fly are 100% true 57% of the time :)

Sir snook, yeah that is true with the backwards shrimp and we all know that fish like and easy meal, I dont ever really fish where there is noticable current so I always tail hook them. I have used the terror eyes but to not as much success as the shrimp.