Sign in to follow this  
William Wessels

Bass at night

Ok, I have never tried to fish bass at night on Table rock or any other lake for that matter. What do bass go after at night? Water is really clear. I have been catching them on carolina rigged french fry worms during the day. But what do I try at night?

Black Single Colorado Blade Spinnerbait

Black/blue Chatterbait w/double tail grub trailer (or hulagrub as I prefer)

Black Jitterbug

Black Buzzbait

Black curlytail worm (powerbait, zoom, culprit...w/e)

Black/blue or Black jig w/trailer that gives off vibration like a ragetail chunk or paca chunk, I'd also consider using a jig with rattles.

All in all I find dark colors, and vibration are key to night fishing for bass, but thats just me.. Good luck!

Anything they will bite during the day. I just tend to use bigger lures and bigger line at night than the day. Very seldom use black though.

strike king makes a midnight special spinnerbait thats given me decent success.. its black and red and makes extra noise for attracting... but ive had the most success on the same worms i use during the day,  most successful being a root beer senko

Ok, I have never tried to fish bass at night on Table rock or any other lake for that matter. What do bass go after at night? Water is really clear. I have been catching them on carolina rigged french fry worms during the day. But what do I try at night?

I have fished the Rock many,many times at night! I fish down by Kimberling City alot! One of my better baits at night is the june bug Zoom OL,Monster worm, it is a killer! Other good baits are Brush Hogs,Baby Paca Craws. Senko's, and your French Fry's too! ;)

I have fished the Rock many,many times at night! I fish down by Kimberling City alot! One of my better baits at night is the june bug Zoom OL,Monster worm, it is a killer! Other good baits are Brush Hogs,Baby Paca Craws. Senko's, and your French Fry's too! ;)

I will be retiring in 1 year and 11 mo. I have land in Fisher Creek and I am going to build a home over looking the Rock! And fish my a-s off!

BIG WORMS, BIG WEIGHT, BRUSH PILES!!! Always work's here! Try some elgrandelures.com mexican rattlers. Big weight to keep it on the bottom and just drag through the brush. Caught some of my biggest fish on these worm's at night on brush.

Thanks guys. I fished the big bass bash the other day and caught alot of  2-3 pound fish nothing worth weighing in at their weigh in. So im kind of looking for some other tournaments to fish and there seems to be alot of night ones.