Sign in to follow this  
hookset on 3

Senko Bleeding Color Dye

First I checked the FAQ's-not that I could find. So here I go with a small Rant! Purchased a few packs from Dick's Sporting Goods and put a few of each color in my Plano 3600. I use these boxes to carry my gear to a pond that I hike into. To my disbelief,in one overnight of being in this tackle box, the pumpkin w/ green flake bled onto some blue pearl w/ silver holo. I can't remember ever having one color bleed onto another senko that was stored in the same bag. Anyone else???

Thanks, Hookset ;)

I've had this problem with certain baits, I'm not sure what causes it though

I have had that happen with gold and red Senkos.  I intentionally do it now to make some COOL color combinations.

Some coplors bleed more than others. Reds, purples and even browns tend to bleed the most. It is the dye that is used to color the plastic that is the culprit. I try to keep the same colors together. I don't put anything in with white or pearl baits other that white or pearl. There is no way around it except to pour your own and use all non-bleed colors. Hope that helped.

I have had that happen with gold and red Senkos. I intentionally do it now to make some COOL color combinations.

Awesome, I do that too!

Yes, they will "bleed" into each other.

But, if you really want a mess, toss some Strike King finesse worms into a baggie with some other types.  They melt, or dissolve, or disintegrate, take your pick.

Most of you likely do not remember when you could not put a plastic worm in a tray of your tackle box.  Over time, it would attack the material of the tackle box, leaving its impression for the ages.

Simple solution:

Leave your soft plastics in their original bags and carry them

in either a worm case or just Plano boxes. The original bags

store easily and GYCB plastic bags are virtually indestructible.

8-)