I picked up a 7fter the other day medium action and paired it with a Okuma Calera. I fished with it yesterday and love the set-up. Using it for plastics..worms, grubs, senkos..etc....Hurricane rods makes a great product for the price. Just wanted to share!

I own 6 redbones, I like them. I could make some suggestions to their product line, but the rods themselves are very good. I wish the 7' spinning rods had just a little longer butt and their 10/20 mh spinning rods are rated for only an oz, their are times I want the same rod that goes 1/2 to 2 oz, I bought a Star rod for that usage.

Never heard of Hurricane rods, where do they sell them? Didn't see em; at TW or BPS

Never heard of Hurricane rods, where do they sell them? Didn't see em; at TW or BPS

I got mine at Sports Authority, however they do sell them at Dicks as well. I'm fairly impressed with them since they are soo cheap.

I own 6 redbones, I like them. I could make some suggestions to their product line, but the rods themselves are very good. I wish the 7' spinning rods had just a little longer butt and their 10/20 mh spinning rods are rated for only an oz, their are times I want the same rod that goes 1/2 to 2 oz, I bought a Star rod for that usage.

Yea I have seen the Star rods...are they a little better quality then Hurricane rods? I did see that they were about 20 bucks more.

Neither..Sports Authority or Dick's.

Most freshwater guys have never heard of redbone rods , or star rods.

I know quite a few people that fish redbone rods here inshore and offshore.

Yea I have seen the Star rods...are they a little better quality then Hurricane rods? I did see that they were about 20 bucks more.

Star rods use to be made in U.S.A. they sold out to Sea Striker and are made in China, there still decent rods from what I have heard , I have one Star rod its a 6' 6" MH spin made in U.S.A . I use it for jigging pompano and flounder, very nice rod.

I have 3 Star rods, handicraft 7' 25lb class with an Avet mxj on it, love it.

I have 2 stellar lites, 7' 20lb class and 25 lb, both spinning. Tips are stiff but I still get very good distance and the reel seats don't seem solid when I have larger fish on, did shim 1 of them up but need some time with it before I decide on success or failure.