Sign in to follow this  
EastTexasBassin

LOBSTERS!

Well the other day I picked up a pack of Rage Tail Lobsters to try them out.  Yesterday I was out on the water, so I put a lobster on my favorite jig and pitched it to the edge of a grass line.  As soon as my jig hit the water it looked like it was falling sideways.  A fish was just swimming off with it, I set the hook on a nice 3 pounder.  First pitch and it didn't even make it to the bottom, good sign I thought.  I let the fish go and pitched right back at the same grass line, just a few feet to the right.  This time it made it to the bottom, I hopped it once and then BAM! I set the hook on a 2 pounder!  

What a first impression!  Two pitches, two fish, barely even did anything on my part.  I continued catching fish on it all day, along grass lines and in laydowns/brushpiles.  I was surprised at how much it slowed down the fall of my jig, but even more surprised at how many fish I caught.  Although I didn't get any really big fish yesterday, I caught at least 20 fish around 2 to 3 pounds.  I know I'm going to catch some monsters with my jig/lobster combo.

If you guys haven't tried a lobster jig, you're missing out.  I just had to share.

(sorry for the shameless product plug, I'm not affiliated with Rage Tail)

post-11232-130162881188_thumb.jpg

Awesome man, but i got to ask you one question.  Do you keep the rifle in your boat to shoot at fish, birds, or other fishers that get too close to your honey hole.   ;D

Thats funny, first thing I thought when I looked at the picture when I got home was "I wonder what people are gonna ask about the gun"

There's a few alligator snapping turtles and water moccasins in this lake (its a private lake/pond in east texas) and the owner has asked us to try to control their numbers a bit.

Besides, this is private property in Texas...so I'm expected to shoot at trespassers. lol, jk  

Oh I'm a Texas boy as well, so i know all about our trespassing rights.  HAHA

Thanks for the RT lobster info..nice work gettin all those fish..

Re: tresspassing....gotta love Texas.. :D

WTG ETB, Glad you like the lobsters, they're my favorite large profile jig trailer too.  Could very well be the most versatile bait I've ever designed.

Big O

www.ragetail.com

If you guys haven't tried a lobster jig, you're missing out. I just had to share.

(sorry for the shameless product plug, I'm not affiliated with Rage Tail)

No shame. That's what this forum is all about. Honest answers and reviews. Big-O has done us all a tremendous service by providing us with these baits. Welcome to the RageTail army!

ETB, what kind of jig were you putting those on? color? size?

I was using a half ounce booyah boo jig with a green pumpkin head and a pumpkin/brown/black skirt.  I also used a half ounce StrikeKing premier promodel jig with similar colors. The booyah jig comes through brush a little easier.

The lobster color was 'dirty craw'

The rage tail lobsters and craws are my favorite jig trailers now.  They flat out work!

I watched the rage tail video on tackle warehouse and saw how much action the lobsters have. In other words, I have some new jig trailers coming in this week.  ;D