Sign in to follow this  
bigtimfish

Suspending Cranks?

I need help, I'm looking for a crank that dives to 8'-9' but suspends. I don't need another jerkbait, something like a mann's baby 8 minus. What company's make a 8'-9' suspending crank? I know norman has the deep little n but that goes too deep. Please help.

The Rapala Shad Rap RS, Glass Shad Rap and Jointed Shad Rap suspend, for that depth you 'll need a 7 size.

When do you prefer a suspending crank over floating?

It's not for me, It's a gift for my dad. But I personally will throw my suspending DD22's more than my floaters. It's a mental thing. I like to think the longer it stay's in the strike zone the better chance I have at getting bit.But if I'm fishing a spot with a ton of logs and stumps I will fish a floater.

The Rapala Shad Rap RS, Glass Shad Rap and Jointed Shad Rap suspend, for that depth you 'll need a 7 size.

x2 And the jointed shad rap just flat out catches fish in a wide variety of conditions.A dynamite crank which also works extremely well worked like a jerkbait. ;)

When do you prefer a suspending crank over floating?

When the fish are not in the mood to bite a fast moving bait.

A number 5 jointed shad rap will run about 8' down on ten pound test, and over that with lighter line or braid. If your using heavier line, step up to the #7 jointed shad rap.

I also like excalibur's fat free shad, but that will dive down to about 12' on 10 pound test. Don't overlook the suspending wally diver either.

Bagley has a new plastic Killer B that suspends.  I have two of them, they work well.  Colors are pretty cool too.