Sign in to follow this  
Jerico

Curado 50E Or Pflueger Patriarch

Folks

which would you purchase curado 50 e or the patriarch , I am looking for an all around bait caster , heavest bait I will be throwing will be around 5/8 ounce,

I do a lot of worm and jig fishing , any and all anwsers would be appreciated, i am wanting to stay in the 150 dollar range or less. currently tackle warehouse has both on sale

Thanks

The Curado is a full ounce lighter, The Patriarch has dual braking and comes in 7:1. Which is more important to you? I don't think you'd be disappointed with either one. FWIW I just bought one of the E7s myself

I own both and they are both great reels. For flipping, I would probably buy the Curado 50E. It throws lighter baits better and flips and pithces better. That being said, when you get the Patriarch dialed in, you can cast that thing a mile.

I have used both of these reels quite a bit this year and like them both. The Patriarch is by far the smoother reel of the two. I also prefer the looks of the Patriarch over the Curado. They both can cast a 3/4 Red Eye Shad a more then acceptable distance with the 50E doing a little bit better. When it comes to lighter baits the 50E cast much farther. The 50E is also easier to adjust the brakes. You need a small flat head to remove the side plate of the Patriarch which is a little inconvenient. As stated above the 50E is lighter(6.9oz) then the Patriarch(8.0 or 8.4 depending on if you get the 6.4:1 or the 7.1:1, 6.4:1 being the heavier narrow spool). They are both great reels for the price and you cant go wrong with either one. If I had to chose one, I would probably pick the Curado inside the Patriarchs body! :D

Which feels better in your hand or rod you are going to use? Go with that one.

Shimano

the patriarch will also look like new with it's titanium deposition finish long after the curado is all chipped and scratched.

• Like 1

You need a small flat head to remove the side plate of the Patriarch which is a little inconvenient.

Mi no likey

That should just be a thumb screw, at least that is what they are on the Abu versions. Easy to work, but not as slick as the Shimano side plate.

That should just be a thumb screw, at least that is what they are on the Abu versions. Easy to work, but not as slick as the Shimano side plate.

It is for thumb friendly use. Unless of course its tightened with a screwdriver.

I have a e7 and a pat. xt., variations of the brands you stated,but close I believe. IMO either reel would be better than good. The patriarch xt's can be had for cheap these days and are smaller & lighter than the standard pat.

I have a pat. xt w/ orange seal abec 7's and it casts a long long way.

I'd take a Patriarch of any flavor over any variant of the Curado.