HookSetDon

Not The Send Off I Was Hoping For

I went out one last time before winterizing the boat sunday air temp- 50 degrees and water temp was 43, 12 mph winds, and overcast. The days prior to were in the low 40s and high 30s. I fished main lake drop offs, points, shoals and some shallow water near deep water. My only fish was a smallie around 2lbs coming off a shoal in 9ft water in close proximity to water dropping off to 20 ft or so- drop shotting a swimbait. I hit several other spots similar to this one trying to duplicate the pattern with zero success. I marked many schools of fish all around 14-25 ft of water which im assuming were bass, just couldnt get one to bite- jerk baits, senkos, jigs, swimbaits, cranks, spinners you name it a friend and I were throwing it. We put in a solid 8 hours of fishing too, I dont know what was off that day but it definitly didnt get the happy ending I was looking for. What would you have done? Anyone wanna take a stab at what was going on? Weather maybe?

Maybe you should give it one more shot. Don't want to end the year on a downer!!

Fish are deeper over here at those temps. The only fish I catch in water less than 15' are trout and salmon.