Sign in to follow this  
00 mod

Tn River On Sunday....

Drifting down the TN river on Sunday there were a LOT of fish caught.

A LOT of drum, carp, catfish, white bass, and a few striped bass, and one sauger.

Between the 2 of us we caught 8 smallies though and one LM. We keyed in on an area that Kent and I had "found" 2 weeks ago, and I am thinking that Kent caught alot of his fish there the previous 2 days. Might have been the reason for our lower Bass numbers but what I can say is the trash fish were HUGE!!!

We caught 4 drum/carp OVER 10 lbs, 1 Catfish over 10 lbs and a couple in the 5-6 lb range.

Our smallies were all in the 2-3.5 lb range so it was good to catch a decent size and they fight great! The one large mouth was a little buck bass.

Sauger came just 1/4" under the size limit to keep and eat! Oh well, great day on the river, and hopefully still some to come!

Jeff

Here is the AVERAGE size carp/drum we were catching! The biggest had to be run down, as it made a surge for the middle and we had to get on the trolling motor and chase it for 300 yrds or so! LOL

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMTMuanBn.jpg

Great pic!

Sounds like fun to me!

Some call 'em trash fish - but they still give you a fight...often more than a LMB... ;)

Drifting down the TN river on Sunday there were a LOT of fish caught.

A LOT of drum, carp, catfish, white bass, and a few striped bass, and one sauger.

Between the 2 of us we caught 8 smallies though and one LM. We keyed in on an area that Kent and I had "found" 2 weeks ago, and I am thinking that Kent caught alot of his fish there the previous 2 days. Might have been the reason for our lower Bass numbers but what I can say is the trash fish were HUGE!!!

We caught 4 drum/carp OVER 10 lbs, 1 Catfish over 10 lbs and a couple in the 5-6 lb range.

Our smallies were all in the 2-3.5 lb range so it was good to catch a decent size and they fight great! The one large mouth was a little buck bass.

Sauger came just 1/4" under the size limit to keep and eat! Oh well, great day on the river, and hopefully still some to come!

Jeff

Here is the AVERAGE size carp/drum we were catching! The biggest had to be run down, as it made a surge for the middle and we had to get on the trolling motor and chase it for 300 yrds or so! LOL

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMTMuanBn.jpg

Ahh man I grew up right behind you in that picture. Lots of great fishing along that bank for sure.

Pete