BASS-N-TATERS

Collierville City Hall Pond Experience

ok so i went out to the collierville city hall pond today and man is it big! i fished for a lil over a hour and didnt get a bite!..so i have a couple of questions,,

1 )whats the best way to fish this pond

2) i fished a strike king bitsy bug jig with a crawfish trailer(i need a crash course on how to work bass jigs.i dont have much experience with them ) do i just lift and drop while reeling in slack or do i bounce it .do i cast straight out deep right now etc...

3) what certain spots of the pond should i target for the best results

thanks guys

I usually stick to the far end of the lake. The side that is towards the other pond and neighborhood. Seems like the fish hand on the ledge that is there.

From the southeast corner all the way around to the drain near the northwest corner.

My personal recommendation would be to cast out as far as you can, beyond the ledge, and work it back at a crawl, up that ledge. My experiences the last couple times out there have been that fish hit it on the fall after my cast. I was pleased by that, and it's inspired me to try out a swimbait (maybe a shadalicious) like roadwarrior suggested, because if they're interested in a slow-fall bait, maybe they'll be all over a slow-retrieve swimbait working its way back to shore, up the ledge. A general rule for fishing jigs in cold water though is to work it slower than you would ever imagine you should work it. Even letting it sit for a minute with no movement, let the big, lethargic fish get an eye on it, then hope they nail it on next movement. I know I've hooked some cold water bass using worms after letting them sit still for a little bit. This ain't warm water spinner and crankbait fishing, that's for sure!