Sign in to follow this  
Pete-K

Heading Below Pickwick In The Am.1/10/12

Plans are to head to Pickwick in the am and give the Sauger a test. Hope to catch enough for dinner, then try my luck at a few Small Mouth bass. So it will be my fist trip this year. But sure hope its not the last one.

Also they show the water will come up from this morning to tomorrow around 7 ft. So should turn the fish on good.

Pete

post-30935-0-30459700-1326141435_thumb.j

Last I heard, this past weekend the sauger were biting good on darker colored jigs tipped with minnows! Good luck and let us know how you did!

Jeff

Everyone I talked with were catching them on Red heads and Green Tails. But they were not using minnows. But taking a sparkle Green lizzard and tearing the head off about the front legs. That is what we use most years. Sure beats getting your hands wet with minnows.

Pete

Good luck! Just let us know how you did! My guy caught 2 limits of 17'' fish in 3 hrs!

Jeff

Was he fishing at the dam? I know they are wearing them out down river toward Clifton also.

Pete

The sauger are on fire, the best year in ages!

Down river

Jeff

Well guess I'm just dumb. LOL Caught 4 good sauger 16",17.5" and 2 18" and put my Sauger rod up. Thinking I will go and wear the small Mouth bass out. Sure wish I had stuck with the Sauger, Fished from 9 am until 2 pm only one small Mouth bass it was around 3 lbs. Lost one fish, would guess around 7 lbs but only got a glimps of it. Then that drum took off upstream .

Done a lot of looking and just seeing what I could see today. May try it again tomorrow down river for Sauger if the weather is not that bad. Also have a trip set up for Monday, buddy of mine from middle Tn. Were planning on going to catch some Sauger and a couple big Blue cats.

Like this one.

Picture003.jpg

Congrats on the trip....down river or up by the dam? Thats a huge cat....did you catch it on a sauger/sm setup?

Jeff

Was at the dam..

No that big blue was caugh with a big slab of SkipJack and 50 lb powerpro. My wife caught it last Jan/3/2011

Too cool!

:drinking-41:

Gas for the boat,,,,$20.

Diesel for the Truck $45.00

Minnows................. $15.33

Biscut and drink.......$4.75

Fresh fish for Dinner only $14.18 per pound

8 hours on the water in the boat below Pickwick Dam in West Tn fishing....... Priceless..