Sign in to follow this  
dag623

Down Or Side Imaging???

Looking for a unit for the console, and would love to get one with both down and side imaging, but may have to settle on one or other due to money. If you had to choose, which would you pick and why? Thanks

DI units are much cheaper, but offer less in the way of coverage. All SI units that I know of are capable of DI also. I am not aware of a SI unit only.

I use down on the tmotor. I'm not sure it would do you much good on the console.

Sweet, thx for the help!

I am not aware of any sidescan units without downscan. Money is always a factor so I purchased a 5" Lowrance HDS with the side/downscan technology last year and a 10" HDS unit this year. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

There are some really good deals on used equipment as the Generation II Lowrance is available, guys are upgrading and selling their Generatio I units. The main dfference is processor speed and memory. I have found the Generation I to be more than I need. Try to find someone with the sidescan and take some time on the lake with it.

If you will be at Lake Fork anytime just let me know and I will be happy to spend some lake time to fish and let you see how it works.

Good Luck

I am not aware of any sidescan units without downscan. Money is always a factor so I purchased a 5" Lowrance HDS with the side/downscan technology last year and a 10" HDS unit this year. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

There are some really good deals on used equipment as the Generation II Lowrance is available, guys are upgrading and selling their Generatio I units. The main dfference is processor speed and memory. I have found the Generation I to be more than I need. Try to find someone with the sidescan and take some time on the lake with it.

If you will be at Lake Fork anytime just let me know and I will be happy to spend some lake time to fish and let you see how it works.

Good Luck

Nice! Will have to hold ya to that basschaser! ;-)

Be happy to help -- just let me know.