bass fishing

fishing

fishing

fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

If You Won The Lottery...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#16 Bluebasser86

Bluebasser86

60% of the time it works all the time!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 05:19 PM

New boat, new truck, buy a house on whatever lake I decided I wanted to live on then buy some land with good deer hunting and build a small lake on it and stock it with whatever I wanted. I'd pay off all my family members bills and help them out where they needed. I'd go to work and say everything that I've always wanted to say to my "customers" and just wait until they fired me, then I'd move into my new house :eyebrows:

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

#17 Fishing Rhino

Fishing Rhino

I practice catch and release. You can only eat them once.

• Members
  • 5,354 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 06:06 PM

First thing, change my phone number to unlisted unpublished. Get an incinerator to burn all the offers to help me invest my newly acquired wealth. At 70, why would I need to invest a few hundred million dollars.

We'd pack our bags, and take off with boat in tow, and play it by ear. Only family and friends would know where we are and how to contact us. Spend some time fishing, hiking with my wife, travelling, and just chilling out so we could clear our minds and give some thought to it without the distractions of the world that would otherwise be clamoring at our door.

We'd be in unknown territory, uncharted waters. We'd do nothing in haste.

I'd still go fishing with my buddies who put up with me as I am now.

Maybe I'd buy Augusta National, and let the ladies join. LOL.
Regards, Tom

#18 Alpster

Alpster

...humility comes before honor. Proverbs 15:33

• Roadtrip Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted April 01 2012 - 08:03 AM

I would marvel at the miracle of winning the lottery without having played. :Idontknow:

Ronnie

9th Annual Road Trip 2014.....NO EXCUSES!
The key to success is....Begin to begin and keep on keepin on!

#19 scrutch

scrutch

Faith, Family, Fishing....Nothing else matters!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 10:47 PM

Roadtrip. Drive till the map turns blue. Turn around and do it again.

#20 S.Doolittle

S.Doolittle

Haunted by Waters

• Pro Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 11:47 PM

The first thing I would do is buy back my family's farm in Oklahoma. It was in the the family for several generations before my father selfishly sold it and skipped the state a few years ago. I'd probably try to buy some of the surrounding land as well. There are some awesome ponds on the adjoining ranch.
If you think you deserve something, you probably don't deserve anything.

#21 JoePhish

JoePhish

I fish, therefore I am.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted April 04 2012 - 12:35 PM

Disappear.

#22 HookSetDon

HookSetDon

Some fish to live, When I live to fish!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted April 05 2012 - 08:02 AM

I dont have kids, and I def wasnt raised with a silver spoon.- and for the life of me I cant understand why someone when asking about what they would do with large sums of money would say Id leave enough money for my kids to do something but not to enough to do nothing. Is that what life is about? Working and learning the value of hard work? I didnt realize that was the bane of our existence...Theres lessons in life that can be taught outside of years of hard work, and what a waste of a life. You spend 35 years of your life working to retire at and age that leaves you incapable of doing the things you enjoy because youve been beaten and battered all your life. ( generalizing, but true for most) I know many people who killed themselves slugging years in hard labor occupations with the thought of freedom 65, when they finally reach that age they cant do squat because of health issues.

If I won, Id travel the world, buy a place in Italy, set my family up for life, help out some poor struggling people. am I forgetting something? Oh yea Id fish my BAG off!!!

#23 Traveler2586

Traveler2586

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 03:24 PM

I already have my lawyer and financial adviser on stand-by ;)

1. Form a team = Attorney, CPA, independent CPA oversight manager, FA to handle all paperwork.

2. Give the wife half,, no questions asked.

3. fly to Flippen, AK to watch my new boat being built, hit local dealerships for a tow vehicle, hire someone from Ranger to lake test the new boat and show me how to REALLY handle the power and Bling.

4. hit every lake I came to for a week or two, eventually working my way back home.

5. By a new home on the best Bass like I could find. Any suggestions??

#24 scrutch

scrutch

Faith, Family, Fishing....Nothing else matters!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 10:32 PM

I already have my lawyer and financial adviser on stand-by ;)

1. Form a team = Attorney, CPA, independent CPA oversight manager, FA to handle all paperwork.

2. Give the wife half,, no questions asked.

3. fly to Flippen, AK to watch my new boat being built, hit local dealerships for a tow vehicle, hire someone from Ranger to lake test the new boat and show me how to REALLY handle the power and Bling.

4. hit every lake I came to for a week or two, eventually working my way back home.

5. By a new home on the best Bass like I could find. Any suggestions??

It would be Falcon if it wasn't half inside Mehiko. Richmond Mill or Pickwick would be the next choice.

#25 South FLA

South FLA

Hawg Tech, LLC

• BassResource.com Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted April 08 2012 - 10:26 AM

1. Form a LLLP, with 4 limited partners (wife and my siblings/parents) and a general partner (living trust in my name) using a reputable estate lawyer
2. Leave a certain percentage based on winnings in a living trust for my immediate personal use
3. Hire a reputable CFP/CFA to have a diversified investment plan with the primary focus being on cashflow generation and secondary as principal growth to create a legacy for future generations
4. Create a charitable trust so my moral obligation to society is met, notice I said my moral obligation, not an obligation
5. Travel, play, and party the rest of my life off.

Some fishing/jhunting dreams:

1. Have my own custom built 50-100 acre lake custom built by Bob Lusk
2. Hunt free range big game all over the world with a bow and/or rifle
3. Fish Brazil for peacocks on an annual basis
4. Have a marlin slam within 1 fishing season
5. Have my own managed ranch or lease one with a emphasis on wing shooting (quail, duck, and doves)
6. Fish 3 to 4 days a week instead of 1 to 2
7. Hire Manabu Kurita to take me fishing on Lake Biwa for 1 month everyday possible during peak season
8. Have a lake front house on Falcon or as close to as possible
9. Have a lake front house on Okeechobee with canal and main lake access
10. Make it a point to have an inshore slam every year while in my Keys house

Additional Boats I would own:
1. Yellowfin 17 skiff (Technical Flats Boat, in the keys)
2. Cabo 45 Express w/Tuna Tower (Port in North Palm Beach and the Keys)
3. Seahunter Tournament 35
4. Modify my current Bullet 21 XRD
5. Have a Ranger Z22 at my Amistad or Falcon House
6. Have a Custom Big O boat at my Lake Okeechobee House
7. HIre Dwight as my full time captain
Haul in the HAWGS with Hawg Tech's Hawg Handle
Posted Image
http://www.hawgtech.com
http://facebook.com/hawgtech

#26 slonezp

slonezp

Life isn't fair.

• Members
  • 6,284 posts

Posted April 08 2012 - 10:43 AM

1. Form a LLLP, with 4 limited partners (wife and my siblings/parents) and a general partner (living trust in my name) using a reputable estate lawyer
2. Leave a certain percentage based on winnings in a living trust for my immediate personal use
3. Hire a reputable CFP/CFA to have a diversified investment plan with the primary focus being on cashflow generation and secondary as principal growth to create a legacy for future generations
4. Create a charitable trust so my moral obligation to society is met, notice I said my moral obligation, not an obligation
5. Travel, play, and party the rest of my life off.

Some fishing/jhunting dreams:

1. Have my own custom built 50-100 acre lake custom built by Bob Lusk
2. Hunt free range big game all over the world with a bow and/or rifle
3. Fish Brazil for peacocks on an annual basis
4. Have a marlin slam within 1 fishing season
5. Have my own managed ranch or lease one with a emphasis on wing shooting (quail, duck, and doves)
6. Fish 3 to 4 days a week instead of 1 to 2
7. Hire Manabu Kurita to take me fishing on Lake Biwa for 1 month everyday possible during peak season
8. Have a lake front house on Falcon or as close to as possible
9. Have a lake front house on Okeechobee with canal and main lake access
10. Make it a point to have an inshore slam every year while in my Keys house

Additional Boats I would own:
1. Yellowfin 17 skiff (Technical Flats Boat, in the keys)
2. Cabo 45 Express w/Tuna Tower (Port in North Palm Beach and the Keys)
3. Seahunter Tournament 35
4. Modify my current Bullet 21 XRD
5. Have a Ranger Z22 at my Amistad or Falcon House
6. Have a Custom Big O boat at my Lake Okeechobee House
7. HIre Dwight as my full time captain

Been thinking about this awhile? :wink2:

You now it's funny. I wonder how many people ever really live their dreams after winning the lottery. They did a special on 20/20 before the big drawing. The majority of winners have blown thru their winnings in 6 years. A guy I work with won a million dollars on a scratcher 4 years ago at the age of 24. Winnings payable in an annuity. Something like 35k a year paid out over 20 or 25 years.He has blown every check to date and has nothing to show for it. Still "weighing his options" is what he tells me. Kind of sad if you ask me.
Is "basstiality" the same as sleeping with the fishes?

Posted Image

#27 Traveler2586

Traveler2586

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted April 08 2012 - 11:07 AM

You now it's funny. I wonder how many people ever really live their dreams after winning the lottery. They did a special on 20/20 before the big drawing. The majority of winners have blown thru their winnings in 6 years. A guy I work with won a million dollars on a scratcher 4 years ago at the age of 24. Winnings payable in an annuity. Something like 35k a year paid out over 20 or 25 years.He has blown every check to date and has nothing to show for it. Still "weighing his options" is what he tells me. Kind of sad if you ask me.

The nice thing about the Lottery, you don't need brains to play or win ;)

#28 South FLA

South FLA

Hawg Tech, LLC

• BassResource.com Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted April 08 2012 - 11:08 AM

I manage money for a living and I have a windfall millionaire who won and hasn't blown his 37M, yet, so I understand what needs to be done to protect the money. Most lottery winners, professional athletes, and celebrities unfortunately have no clue.
Haul in the HAWGS with Hawg Tech's Hawg Handle
Posted Image
http://www.hawgtech.com
http://facebook.com/hawgtech

#29 Traveler2586

Traveler2586

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted April 08 2012 - 12:24 PM

I manage money for a living and I have a windfall millionaire who won and hasn't blown his 37M, yet, so I understand what needs to be done to protect the money. Most lottery winners, professional athletes, and celebrities unfortunately have no clue.

Although I don't know anyone with money, from some of the articles I've read I believe your correct. They get the money too fast to learn any kind of respect for it, and it's true value.

That leads me to believe if I were to "win it big" I'd setup some kind of trust fund that would pay family/friends a specified sum each year based on their judgment and use of the previous years gift, i.e. if they pre-spend - they get less the following year. I'd let the professionals figure out how to design such a plan. I would want to improve someones life, not send them into a debit spiral.

#30 mrmacwvu1

mrmacwvu1

Short Fish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted April 08 2012 - 03:21 PM

two chicks at the same time