while in sports authority today, i was eyeballing this nice little daiwa combo. the only problem is that its a two-piece rod. can you make this into a one-piece? how? superglue?

I wouldn't. You never know when you may need to pack it in a suitcase.

but how well do 2-pieces fish? sensitivity wise. and do they come apart when catching a fish?

but how well do 2-pieces fish? sensitivity wise. and do they come apart when catching a fish?

Alot of people don't feel a difference.. But if you have both to compare out on the water, the one piece is more sensitive. I've never had one fall apart while landing a bass. Is it the Samurai combo?

How well do they fiah: just as a 1 piece

Sensitivity wise ? as good as the materials it´s made from

Do they come appart ? No

2 piece vs 1 piece has been covered ad nauseum ( over and over again ), a 2 piece good quality rod is as good as it´s one piece counterpart, the difference in sensitivity is insignificant, so insignificant that we mortal beings aren´t able to detect it, as long as you purchase a good quality multipiece ( 2 or more segments ) rod you´ll be fine, get a poor quality multipiece rod and that´s what you´ll have. The issue here is that most manufacturers have relegated 2 piece rods to their less expensive line up so finding a good quality multipiece rod is not as easy as it seems, GLoomis manufactures magnificent multipiece ( travel ) rods but they aren´t always available at your local store, many require a special order.

• Like 1

Most combos I have seen come with 2 piece rods, and they are fine to get started with. The rods will come apart every now and then but it is no big deal and not a game breaker, I don't see any need to glue them together. I think there is more advantage in comfort (weight and balance) on a better rod compared to sensitivity.

I bought two 2-piece baitcasters from Cabelas 10 years ago to take to Florida when we visited my wife's aunt (now deceased) and I still use them and cannot tell the difference from my 1-piece rods.

I don't bass fish much (yet). Most of my fishing consists of redfish, trout, and other inshore saltwater species. These critters sometimes can be pretty stout. I just ordered a custom two piece casting rod to be used while traveling to Florida. Two piece works just fine, and travels well. I use several, and some are 20 yrs old.

How well do they fiah: just as a 1 piece

Sensitivity wise ? as good as the materials it´s made from

Do they come appart ? No

2 piece vs 1 piece has been covered ad nauseum ( over and over again ), a 2 piece good quality rod is as good as it´s one piece counterpart, the difference in sensitivity is insignificant, so insignificant that we mortal beings aren´t able to detect it, as long as you purchase a good quality multipiece ( 2 or more segments ) rod you´ll be fine, get a poor quality multipiece rod and that´s what you´ll have. The issue here is that most manufacturers have relegated 2 piece rods to their less expensive line up so finding a good quality multipiece rod is not as easy as it seems, GLoomis manufactures magnificent multipiece ( travel ) rods but they aren´t always available at your local store, many require a special order.

X2 This dead on. I just wrote an article for the local paper saying the same thing.

I use both and can't really tell any difference in sensitivity. Never had one come apart.