Sign in to follow this  
Scorcher214

Some More Jigs I Did Today.

These are just a few that I did today. Didn't make any for a while since I was always getting skunked on them. But I had a good day the other day so I decided to make some more.

This is the color I had all my fish on. Motoroil and a little red and I had it paired with a bama craw rage craw.

gallery_18249_290_1375514.jpg

gallery_18249_290_114584.jpg

gallery_18249_290_1419688.jpg

gallery_18249_290_1805892.jpg

Awesome looking jigs!

Looking good man! Keep it up!

Jeff

A quick question. Im having trouble putting the weed guards in. How do you manage to get the guards to not flare out and stay straight? It is honestly the most troublesome part of making jigs.

After I pour my heads, then I take the basehole pin and wiggle it slightly to make the hole bigger, then use loctite gel superglue. With the slightly wider hole you dont have to push the weedguard in and it flare.

Are your weedguards already glued together at the base? If so, make the jig holes a little larger, I do it before I paint, and that way they glide in the holes more easily. Also, just a little dab of glue, and when you get the weedguard in the hole, you should be able to, with a little pressure, spin it to get the glue all the way around the guard and make sure the extra width of the hole has glue all around to keep it in there! Just how I do it!

Jeff

Well i don't pour mine, I bought them as just plain lead heads. But I reckon I could stick something in there to widen it.

Find a drill bit very close in size. But use it with your hand, not a drill.

Jeff

After I pour my heads, then I take the basehole pin and wiggle it slightly to make the hole bigger, then use loctite gel superglue. With the slightly wider hole you dont have to push the weedguard in and it flare.

This is what I do as well.

From personal experience I would stay away from the amber collars as the dry rot quicker than any other ones.

Allen

The easiest way I found was. #1 stick the loose strand end into the hole not the fused end. #2 If still too tight take off a couple of strands. This will definitely help.

BTW very nice looking jigs.

Find a drill bit very close in size. But use it with your hand, not a drill.

Jeff

Before I started buying my weedguards in bulk and having custom sizes made for glue in, I used the drill bit method as mentioned. An 1/8th inch drill bit is what you need. I know the pins are "supposed" to be 1/8th in, but after the lead cools, the actual hole is slightly smaller, not much, but enough to make it hard to get the base of the guard in. As he said, MAKE SURE YOU USE IT BY HAND. Using in a drill will get it too big. I put several skirt bands on the shaft of mine to make gripping it easier.

Nice jigs keep it up.

where did you buy those jig heads?

Love the looks of the last one!