MarkH024

Jika Rig Experience?

I was just curious if any of you throw a Jika Rig with soft plastics on a regular basis. If so, my question is it better for a vertical presentation so the bait really stands up, or can you get the same effect making long casts and working the bottom? I was thinking that if it is casted out and reeled in on an angle, the plastic won't sit up quite like it would if you were more vertical. I suppose it could just be hopped but I like the idea of having a small craw on it that looks like its in the defensive stance and just crawled on the bottom. Curious to hear some feedback, as it's one technique I haven't really tried out yet.

Whether the plastic sits up in a defensive posture has more to do with the bait. The rig simply allows this movement. Doesn't matter if it's vertical or horizontal - the action comes on the pause.

Doesn't matter if it's vertical or horizontal - the action comes on the pause.

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for pretty much.

It's not going to replace a t-rig or a stand up jighead, but is a viable "middle-ground" alternative. I've caught some fish this year with the rig.

With my limited time on the water this year I have no conclusions regarding when, where, or what conditions favor this rig. Just not enough time to tell.

Check out the Owner Yuki Bug. It is perfect for the jika rig. I cast it, let it sink and do a slow drag pausing every few feet or whenever I feel something on the bottom. I will hop it a few times and let it sit some more then reel it in.

This is the only bait I use on that rig and it is deadly. Dont tell anyone else though OK? ; )

It's not going to replace a t-rig or a stand up jighead, but is a viable "middle-ground" alternative. I've caught some fish this year with the rig.

With my limited time on the water this year I have no conclusions regarding when, where, or what conditions favor this rig. Just not enough time to tell.

The JIKA doesn't replace anything, but it is a tremendous "new" presentation.

I tried it today briefly idk how it looked and I didn't catch anything on it. It seemed to be "tangled" when it came out of the water I made mine myself I might tweak em a bit.