Sign in to follow this  
Bluebasser86

Finally Got A Buzzjet.

Now what do I do with it? I've done some research on it and it seems that a lot of people are either waking it or ripping it. I bought the big one in bluegill color. So how does everyone fish theirs? Seems it could be used a variety of ways.

You will know when it is in the zone..it starts to buzz . Once there use a steady retrieve. I like to fish open lanes in-between weed beds, along front edges of weed beds or just out in the open....have fun and be ready for the explosions.

Now what do I do with it?

Don't use it in pike and pickerel waters. :laugh5:

No pike or pickeral around here so that isn't a problem. I got it in the mail today, wow it's way bigger than I thought it was going to be! Hopefully get to give it a test run Sunday or Monday.

In the zone...Not sure what you mean. What i have noticed with mine is that i have a hard time waking it on the surface until it gets within 20 yards and then it wakes at the surface. Until then, it seems to be just slightly under the surface. Is this normal? Been using Mono only and holding the rod high but seems to no be enough...

In the zone...Not sure what you mean. What i have noticed with mine is that i have a hard time waking it on the surface until it gets within 20 yards and then it wakes at the surface. Until then, it seems to be just slightly under the surface. Is this normal? Been using Mono only and holding the rod high but seems to no be enough...

X2 ~ I'm seeing the same thing. The larger size one is quite a beefy bait so with the right gear, you can really launch it. Boat side it looks good but out on the end of the cast it's running slightly sub-surface.

The black one gets quite a bit of night ops action and it does still take fish but I fished it for like 2 weeks before I noticed that it was running differently the first half of the retrieve - I'm a bit of a Dufuss.

A-Jay