alexczarn

Hi From Australia!

Hi all! I'm Alex, and yes, I live in South Australia. I spend a lot of time fishing here, both in saltwater and fresh, targetting fish like, golden perch, trout, carp, redfin, Australian salmon, flathead, whiting, bream, mullet, and more. Most of those fish are unrelated to the American fish, even though they share names.

Anyway, I do have a big interest in bass fishing, especially, since it has influenced anglers down in Australia, how we fish for fish, like barramundi, perch, and more.

The main reason I joined this forum, is not only, hoping to pick up ideas, but also, I am planning a trip to the south of the USA, next June/July/August. So, I hope I can pick up plenty of help and advice!

Hello. Welcome to BR!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome home!

Welcome Alex, I am George and have lived in South Florida, just west of Fort Lauderdale. I fish only fresh water, and fish the Everglades, and Lake Okeechobee most of the time. I have read about your golden perch and they seem to get quite big. What freshwater bodies do you fish, and do you have to watch out for crocks in those waters. In the everglades we have large alligators, but even the large ones will do everything they can to leave you alone. Just dont go in the water at night.

Alex, nice talking to you and good luck. George

Welcome Alex, I am George and have lived in South Florida, just west of Fort Lauderdale. I fish only fresh water, and fish the Everglades, and Lake Okeechobee most of the time. I have read about your golden perch and they seem to get quite big. What freshwater bodies do you fish, and do you have to watch out for crocks in those waters. In the everglades we have large alligators, but even the large ones will do everything they can to leave you alone. Just dont go in the water at night.

Alex, nice talking to you and good luck. George

Hey, thanks for the welcome! I live in the south of Australia, and so there are no crocodiles.

Would love to make it down under to fish some time!

Welcome....................