Sign in to follow this  
FishinDaddy

Hinged Spinnerbaits?

I had until yesterday, a white/chartruese spinner bait with a hinge between the head and hook. Being old as I am, I can't remember what kind it was and can't find them online. Anybody got any idea what it was?

Megastrike makes one, called the strike back. Can be found at megastrike.com

That's it! Now I remember buying them last year. Said I was old. :wiseman:

Glad that was the one u were looking for.

Gilmore, I have a buzzbait that the hook is hinged, the idea is that the fish has a harder time throwing the hook. Don't know how true that is because I've never really had that problem, maybe because I use a crankbait rod with my spinners and buzzbaits

Thanks for the response. I've seen this spinnerbait online but figured it was some sort of gimmick than I didn't understand. I've always been open to trying different brands but I was unsure of this one.

I like it. It was my first one of this kind but it was extremely durable. If I had not broke my line swinging a 2 pounder on Saturday, I would still have it.

Gilmore, I have a buzzbait that the hook is hinged, the idea is that the fish has a harder time throwing the hook.

Me too! I like the idea and the design, but never got to test the theory, for the simple reason that I never caught a buzzbait bass. :D

I had some of the Leverage spinnerbaits a few years ago that the hook was attached with a piece of flexible cable. I didn't lose as many fish with it but I didn't catch as many fish with it either if that makes sense.

Those look like they would be pretty easy to make if you had all of the right materials.