Sign in to follow this  
Burlington IA Senior Class

Fishing Survey(Update)

We are seniors at Burlington High school in Burlington Iowa. We are in an Engineering Design & Development class and for the rest of the school year are project is to solve a specific problem by inventing or innovationg a new solution. Me and my partner in class both enjoy fishing and figured we could find a way to make a part of fishing easier or fix a problem. One of the problems we were considering fishing is to make it easier to carry all your fishing supplies to your fishing spot, for example your cooler, tackle, and rods. We are doing this survey first because our teacher told us we have to do a survey but also because we want to know what normal people have problems with but also to see what they all usually take fishing, so we can get a base for what we need. Sorry for being so vague in our original survey, we were rushed because class was almost over and we wanted it posted before the weekend.

1. When you go fishing what is your fishing gear typically consist of ???/ Example: cooler, tackle, 2 fishing rods, etc. ?

2. Do you take all your fishing stuff in a truck or in a car, when you go fishing ??? Example: Car (inside trunk)

3. If you bring a cooler what is usually in it ??? Example: cans of soda, and box of worms

4. How many trips does it take to get all of your fishing gear to your fishing spot ???

5. Is it difficult to carry all of your gear to your fishing spot???

Thanks for the replies, it was greatly appreciated

We are seniors at Burlington High school in Burlington Iowa. We are in an Engineering Design & Development class and for the rest of the school year are project is to solve a specific problem by inventing or innovationg a new solution. Me and my partner in class both enjoy fishing and figured we could find a way to make a part of fishing easier or fix a problem. One of the problems we were considering fishing is to make it easier to carry all your fishing supplies to your fishing spot, for example your cooler, tackle, and rods. We are doing this survey first because our teacher told us we have to do a survey but also because we want to know what normal people have problems with but also to see what they all usually take fishing, so we can get a base for what we need. Sorry for being so vague in our original survey, we were rushed because class was almost over and we wanted it posted before the weekend.

1. When you go fishing what is your fishing gear typically consist of ???/ Example: cooler, tackle, 2 fishing rods, etc. If in my boat: 12 rods, 8-10 3700 size plano tackle boxes, life jacket and other safety gear, boat gear, lunch, etc.

2. Do you take all your fishing stuff in a truck or in a car, when you go fishing ??? Example: Car (inside trunk)Usually, all of my gear stays in my boat. However, i do carry rods in my jeep via a hanging roof rack, and can get all my tackle and stuff in the trunk/ back seats.

3. If you bring a cooler what is usually in it ??? Example: cans of soda, and box of worms ice, 2-3 gatorades, a sub and some snacks

4. How many trips does it take to get all of your fishing gear to your fishing spot ??? usually just 1

5. Is it difficult to carry all of your gear to your fishing spot???The hardest part is transporting 10-12 rods at a time. All the tackle boxes are easy as they fit inside a backpack or tackle bag.

1. When you go fishing what is your fishing gear typically consist of ???/ Example: cooler, tackle, 2 fishing rods, etc. ?

2. Do you take all your fishing stuff in a truck or in a car, when you go fishing ??? Example: Car (inside trunk)

3. If you bring a cooler what is usually in it ??? Example: cans of soda, and box of worms

4. How many trips does it take to get all of your fishing gear to your fishing spot ???

1. a boat, 14 rods and reels, A LOT of baits, 2 GPS and Down imaging units, pliers, braid scissors, terminal tackle like weights, hooks, a small cooler, a camera, life vests,rain gear,sunglasses, sunscreen, spare prop, spare trolling motor prop.

2. I keep it all in my boat in storage compartments

3. 1 coke, 4 bottles of water, a sandwich and a small bag of chips and i always have teriyaki beef jerky

4. 1

5. without having it in my boat, yes.

1. When you go fishing what is your fishing gear typically consist of ???/ Example: cooler, tackle, 2 fishing rods, etc. ?1 fishing rod, tackel box, backback with camera and water bottles, a cooler with ice if im planning on keeping any fish (which isn't very often)

2. Do you take all your fishing stuff in a truck or in a car, when you go fishing ??? Example: Car (inside trunk) my car. it all fits in my trunk except the cooler which goes in the back seat.

3. If you bring a cooler what is usually in it ??? Example: cans of soda, and box of worms just ice. if im putting fish in it, I don't want it full of drinks

4. How many trips does it take to get all of your fishing gear to your fishing spot ??? just 1

5. Is it difficult to carry all of your gear to your fishing spot??? not really. a little more so if i have the cooler but like i said, it isn't often.

I answered the last survey too but I figuered I'd answer the updated one.

1. Jug of water/thermos of coffee depending on time of year, a couple sandwiches, tacklebag with 8-12 3700 boxes of baits, 2-5 worm binders full of plastics, all required boating safety gear.

2. If I'm not going to be driving down dirt roads I'll leave all my gear in the boat. If I'm going to be on dirt roads all my rods will be in the cab.

3. If I bring a cooler there's usually a couple sandwiches and some other snacks and a couple bottles of water or Gatorade.

4. 1. If I have enough gear it's going to take me 2 trips something is getting left behind.

5. Not usually but I'm not afraid to get off the beaten path and go places others won't if there's good fishing.

1. Some snacks, water, 3 to 4 rods/reels, tackle bag with 5 370 boxes plus zippered pockets.

2. I carry everything in car with me, except rain gear which is always in the trunk along with rubber boots.

3. Cooler usually has a sandwich and some energy bars or snacks.

4. It takes one trip if I am fishing out of a boat. If I am fishing from the bank I will carry my tackle with me and leave the cooler and water in the car.

5. No problem to carry everything.

1. When you go fishing what is your fishing gear typically consist of ??? 1 rod, my tackle box, my Leatherman and my Buck knife (those are always on my hip anyway)

2. Do you take all your fishing stuff in a truck or in a car, when you go fishing ??? My truck.

3. If you bring a cooler what is usually in it ??? I don't usually bring a cooler with I go fishing, but I always have a coffee, a couple waters, sunflower seeds, and either a tin of dip or a pack of smokes.

4. How many trips does it take to get all of your fishing gear to your fishing spot ??? Just one.

5. Is it difficult to carry all of your gear to your fishing spot??? Nope.

1. When you go fishing what is your fishing gear typically consist of ???/ Example: cooler, tackle, 2 fishing rods, etc. ? Bass boat, 5-7 rods maybe more, food, my tackle etc.

2. Do you take all your fishing stuff in a truck or in a car, when you go fishing ??? Example: Car (inside trunk) Bass boat (In the storage)

3. If you bring a cooler what is usually in it ??? Example: cans of soda, and box of worms My food and drinks (you need A LOT of those in AZ)

4. How many trips does it take to get all of your fishing gear to your fishing spot ??? 1 in my boat

5. Is it difficult to carry all of your gear to your fishing spot??? Nope just get the boat and go

1. 4-5 rods & tackle bag

2. inside trunk of car

3. n/a

4. 1...

5. no

1. 2 rods and my tackle box (along with a grocery sack full of soft plastics;ghetto, I know).

2. Inside trunk of car.

3. I might just carry something to drink.

4. One trip

5. It is definetly a hassle the way I am doing things now.

1) Bass Boat, 9 Rods and Reels, air horn, PFD's, throw device, anchor, spare bulbs, a spare battery, oil mix, lake maps, extra pair of clothes, ice, sweet tea, sandwhiches, chips of some sort, 2 large tackle boxes, a West Va. fit all wrench, pliers, 4 screw drivers, jumper cables, fire extenguisher, cell phone, depending on the weather other assorted things like an umbrella, jacket, rain suit, insulated shoes, hand warmers, thermous, neck/face wrap, always carry polorized sunglasses and one of two of my lucky ball caps.

2) If I am fishing with someone else on their boat, my stuff travels in a truck, rods and reels up front with me and my tackle in the back of the cab, well, unless some jj's magic got spilled then it rides on the back, I take everything else according to weather reports.

3) I have 2 coolers that are incorperated with the boat, if I have a guest or family on board, it or they get packed with ice, drinks of soda pop and sweet tea, and water, however if you were to ever see me with a cooler, it's packed with beer, and I ain't goin nowhere.

4) 1

5) If I had to carry all of my fishing gear to one spot I would have to build a house around it...besides that, the boat is heavy as he## man.

So the answer to that question would be yes, it would be.

1. When you go fishing what is your fishing gear typically consist of ???/ Example: cooler, tackle, 2 fishing rods, etc. ? I bring a cooler, tackle boxes, 4 rods, net, anchor tied to rope.

2. Do you take all your fishing stuff in a truck or in a car, when you go fishing ??? Example: Car (inside trunk) Car: Rods stick up going into front and rest of gear is in trunk.

3. If you bring a cooler what is usually in it ??? Example: cans of soda, and box of worms Food, drinks, ice...

4. How many trips does it take to get all of your fishing gear to your fishing spot ??? UNO

5. Is it difficult to carry all of your gear to your fishing spot??? Nope

1. When you go fishing what is your fishing gear typically consist of ???/ Example: cooler, tackle, 2 fishing rods, etc. ? Small cooler, 3 rods, tackle box

2. Do you take all your fishing stuff in a truck or in a car, when you go fishing ??? Example: Car (inside trunk) In the bed of my truck

3. If you bring a cooler what is usually in it ??? Example: cans of soda, and box of worms A couple of bottles of water

4. How many trips does it take to get all of your fishing gear to your fishing spot ??? One

5. Is it difficult to carry all of your gear to your fishing spot??? Nope!

Tom

1. 1x rod, 1x small fannie pack for tackle, 1x sunglasses

2. I've got different kits of tackle in my car for different scenarios. Right now the car has 1 trout kit, 1 dropshot kit, 1 jig kit, and 1 crankbait kit. Each has a different rod and I store all the lures and tackle together in a duffel bag. 3-5 bags/boxes of lures go into my fannie pack for the day.

3. N/A

4. 1 trip

5. No