Sign in to follow this  
tugsandpulls

New Berkley Triline

bought a spool new and improved bull crap it stinks went on reel like crap feels like crap handles like crap i love the original xl but this stuff i wont buy again

I've loved XT for salt, but what you just said is exactly how I felt about "Tough Red" 17#. Something they did to make the color f'd the line up.

bought a spool new and improved bull crap it stinks went on reel like crap feels like crap handles like crap i love the original xl but this stuff i wont buy again

Hey, dont hold back, tell us how you really feel, lol.
  • Like 1

I see i need to find out if the new stuff has replaced the old XL,or if its just a newer addition.If the old XL is not bieng made, im gonna stock up now. :Idontknow:

im gonna stock up the old xl just incase

what was it? the XL armor coated? i recently just bought some XL and they now have it in a different package.

Maybe it's time to try something else. For spinning tackle I recommend

Yo-Zuri Hybrid #6 (11.9 lb breaking strength).

Cant go wrong with YoZuri, until they somehow mess that up by making it better.

I've been using the 6# on some spinning reels and I recommend it. I like trying new things but changing out this line is on the back burner because I really don't see much competition out there that looks that tempting when strength/price/manageability are all factored in. It's top notch in the first 2 categories and does pretty well in manageabilty overall too...especially the 6#. Even the 12# which I've spooled some of my casting reels with is pretty manageable too especially when compared to a lot of fc stuff out there.

i was a trilene user until i tried the yo-zuri ultra-soft recommended here..

since i can't find it anywhere around here and TW doesn't carry the 6lb i went with the 8lb and i use the KVD line conditioner....and am very happy... in fact i just ordered another 600yds when they had the 20% off.

try it...i think you'll like it...

i was a trilene user until i tried the yo-zuri ultra-soft recommended here.. i went with the 8lb and i use the KVD line conditioner...

I smile when I read recommendations of products that are "best"... after a series of modifications are performed!

oe

Using KVD Line & Lure is more like keeping your bearings oiled and your gears greased. It's a maintenance product. I love my Bullet, and I think it's the best boat for me. Doesn't stop me from wiping it down with BTS. :rolleyes7:

oe

"series of modifications"?

it's a one step process...and i use line conditioner on all my lines....simply put........ it works..

fyi..i also change the treble hooks on most of my crankbaits.....guess i am a "modification" freak??

This has run it's course.