Sign in to follow this  
xxjace

Convergence Vs Vendetta?

I've became a pretty big fan of shimano convergence rods lately cause there nice rods for the money..I bought a garcia vendetta last night as an impulse buy at Walmart for like 64 bucks on sale...debating on whether I should keep it or return and get another convergence? Not a big fan of gracias rods but I keep hearing the vendettas are nice..love the revos.. Any vendetta fans out there?

I fish collegiate BASS and Boat US tournaments regularly and all my casting rods are Vendettas.  They haven't let me down yet.

Ok great thx..just picked it up because it was sale and was debating about buying another shimano rod..I'm a big shimano fan that's about all I use but this vendetta feels good..most garcia rods are a little stiff to me.

I have 5 ven's and I like them all.

I like stiffer rods for most of what I fish, but if you want a good cranking stick you are going to have to find something from another company.

Unless you get a ML action rod, there will be almost zero whip in the rod, MED and MED/H are all super stiff, which is a preference thing.

Falcon's have the action I like in a Medium action cranking stick, so I just use those for cranking.

I've became a pretty big fan of shimano convergence rods lately cause there nice rods for the money..I bought a garcia vendetta last night as an impulse buy at Walmart for like 64 bucks on sale...debating on whether I should keep it or return and get another convergence? Not a big fan of gracias rods but I keep hearing the vendettas are nice..love the revos.. Any vendetta fans out there?

I've only handled both in-store. I felt that the Vendetta was tip-heavy, didn't like the balance much. The convergence is in the same ball-park for the price. Fan of Shimano rods myself, just don't feel same way about Abu rods. Not slamming them, just my opinion - the Veritas is nice, though!

• Like 1

I've only handled both in-store. I felt that the Vendetta was tip-heavy, didn't like the balance much. The convergence is in the same ball-park for the price. Fan of Shimano rods myself, just don't feel same way about Abu rods. Not slamming them, just my opinion - the Veritas is nice, though!

I agree.....my fave rod is my convergence 6'6 ML.  I don't really know how I'd feel about them now, since I love cork instead of the EVA grips. I def feel that Shimano rods load a little better than what I've felt in store with the M action Vendetta and Veritas fwiw.

they feel tip heavy, but once you get a reel on they are pretty well balanced. The Lews SS is a great fit for the rod, as is the Revo.

I do love Vendettas for the price they are great, but like I said previous I feel like they do not have enough whip for cranking, where I like to have a true medium action, and for some reason Abu Garcia doesnt make a standard medium, their medium is not much different at all from the MH