Sign in to follow this  
Bassnajr

OK can we say yet if Laser Lure is the Banjo Minnow of our age???

Question asks it all....

I never bought or used one. I noticed on a few sites they have made it to the clearance rack.

Let's hear it...BOOOO!! or YEAH!!!!!

Alan (bassnajr)

HaHa never used on so can't say for effectiveness but always seemed a little gimmicky for the price you had to pay. :)

I like the concept behind them as I have seen how bass react to a laser pointer in a tank.

The thing that most confuses me is why their jerkbait is not a suspending model. Wouldnt it be more effective that way?

My buddie Burney and I went out two springs ago to test this out with a laser pointer.  We found that even with the high power pointer, it was still to bright, even in the shade, to work.

I like the concept behind them as I have seen how bass react to a laser pointer in a tank.

The thing that most confuses me is why their jerkbait is not a suspending model. Wouldnt it be more effective that way?

you can always go buy some lead stickers and with a little patients you can make anything suspend crankbaits included or if you use a few more lead stickers you can make your crankbaits actually sink really slow to get a wider range of depth with them.

I've got two crankbaits and a popper, can't catch a tree limb with them, and I've tried.  when others are producing, they just fall short.  I think the battery has run down so maybe they'll start producing.  They are a nice looking and running bait but I didn't get a bite, even on an active night...nothing 

Crankbaits are decent but not worth the money in my opinion. If I remember correctly you couldn't have the hooks touching together or the light would stay on and eventually diminish. I didn't think it was special enough to warrant that kind of storage consideration.

Has anyone else noticed how similar the cranks look to a Lucky Craft Fat CB BDS 3 and 4. They are dang near identical. I'm not sure they aren't identical...except for the Powerpoint visual aid inbedded in it's a**