Sign in to follow this  
bryand82487

What tackle bag?

Can anyone recommend a good tackle bag that will hold about 5 of the big falcon boxes?  I currently have a big red falcon tackle box but all the zippers are starting to brake and fail.  I can't find any falcon stuff so I'm guessing they quit making bags?  I've looked at the plano and shimano bags and wasn't a big fan of the plano.   The shimano look okay but it's kinda hard to tell without actually seeing one.  Thanks

My Plano bag I use when traveling has lasting about 3 years now without any problems...With that being said I don't know what they have for larger boxes.

XPS Stalker Bag.

Win.

that stalker bag is cool. I got a Pflueger bag for free and it fits 4 boxes with side pockets and the such, never seen one before or again.

How are you planning in using it? Is it to carry a bunch of tackle boxes, sunscreen, lunch, drinks, etc while you fish from the bank, or are you looking for a way to carry your boxes to and from the boat?

I can't help you with the first type, but if all you need is something to carry your boxes, these work pretty well and the price is right...

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops®-Utility-Box-Carriers/product/59192/-1109204

I bought a Browning bag last year, tried to find in at BPS but it's not on there any more, It hold 4-3700  and 2-3600 boxes no problem, and that's not including the pockets.  The only problem is it's big and I now carry an backpack that I am replacing this week with one of these

http://www.***.com/Tackle_Warehouse_Angler_Backpack/descpage-TWABP.html

Here's the one I'm using: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Advanced-Angler-Pro-Series-Tackle-Bags-without-Boxes/703224.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dtackle%2Bbag%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=tackle+bag

I have the BIG bag (the Super Magnum) for on the boat. But its the best bag I've ever used! They have several models, I'd check these out and they're even on sale right now!  ;)

That's a good trick, getting the zippers on your tackle bag to "brake".  Maybe you could patent that somehow.

OK, sorry about the smartass comment, I couldn''t resist.  Seriously, maybe you could find a decent tailor and get the bag fixed.  I found a decent tailor several years ago, and she can replace broken zippers on tents, torn tent seams, etc.  She replaced the elastics on a set of frog toggs and you can't tell them from brand new.   If it has anything to do with fabric, she can fix it, and while she isn't totally cheap, she is reasonable.

If you really like the bag and it's got some history, maybe you can get it fixed.  Find a decent tailor and ask.

How are you planning in using it? Is it to carry a bunch of tackle boxes, sunscreen, lunch, drinks, etc while you fish from the bank, or are you looking for a way to carry your boxes to and from the boat?

I can't help you with the first type, but if all you need is something to carry your boxes, these work pretty well and the price is right...

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops®-Utility-Box-Carriers/product/59192/-1109204

It's mainly to carry stuff to and from the boat.  I like that bag and might get it since it's not to expensive but I also want a real fishing bag.  I still need to be able to carry line, pliers, scale etc... in my bag.  I have a basstracker so there isn't much storage for that type of stuff.

That's a good trick, getting the zippers on your tackle bag to "brake". Maybe you could patent that somehow.

OK, sorry about the smartass comment, I couldn''t resist. Seriously, maybe you could find a decent tailor and get the bag fixed. I found a decent tailor several years ago, and she can replace broken zippers on tents, torn tent seams, etc. She replaced the elastics on a set of frog toggs and you can't tell them from brand new. If it has anything to do with fabric, she can fix it, and while she isn't totally cheap, she is reasonable.

If you really like the bag and it's got some history, maybe you can get it fixed. Find a decent tailor and ask.

That's a good idea. I might look into that. I stepped on the bag once and broke one and the other zipper I'm not sure what happen. The problem though is the zipper guides that run up and down the bags are all made of plastic for whatever reason so that's probably why they are braking so easily.

Which series Falcon boxes are you using?

The 700 series is in between the 3600 and 3700 size Plano boxes. If you're using this size, don't get a bag designed for 3600 boxes. Your Falcon 700 boxes will not fit.

The Falcon 700 and 800 series boxes will fit in a bag designed for 3700 size Plano boxes. Lots of choices in that size.

Why don't you wait a few days. See if anybody has a bag on sale after the first of the year. Betcha you'll find one, and save a few bucks.

I have  a BPS Extreme bag that I have used for 3 years now and I take it every time I go fishing, and I fish a lot.  No rips, tears, or broken zippers.

Anybody use the KVD bag?

I kinda like the idea of the side access for the boxes.

Mike

Apparently BPS/Browning must have improved their tackle bags since mine fell apart at the seams and zipper in '05.

Please tell me who makes one that is waterproof. Nothing worse than having all sorts of wet stuff to deal with at the end of a long and wet tournament day. Thanks.

I use the standard issue ALICE pack a friend of mine gave me when his enlistment was up. That thing will hold anything and everything you would possably ever need.

-gk