bassboy107

What Can I Use This Rod For?

Ok so for a while I have had a 6'8 medium, spinning, St. Croix Mojo. It was a little lighter action than I really wanted, so it has just been sitting around.

I was thinking of using it for finesse or weightless plastics. I was also wondering if it could be used for drop shot. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Ok so for a while I have had a 6'8 medium, spinning, St. Croix Mojo. It was a little lighter action than I really wanted, so it has just been sitting around.

I was thinking of using it for finesse or weightless plastics. I was also wondering if it could be used for drop shot. Thanks in advance!

Heck Ya....:Victory: all of the above!

• Like 2

Its a finesse rod so I would use it as you intended. Drop shot would work fine as well as for throwing shad raps.

I have the 6'8 M and 6'9 ML spinning mojo bass rods. I wish I wouldve only just bought the one because they are both work perfect for any finesse rig. Love to wacky rig on the 6'8 M though! :grin:

Ok so if I go with Drop Shot, What type of line should I use and what lb test?

Ok so if I go with Drop Shot, What type of line should I use and what lb test?

8lb fluorocarbon works well, 6lb also does the trick it depends on depth. Lots of guys use braid with a floro leader. I dont like casting leaders through my guides it just annoys me. 

+1 vote for fuoro.  I'm a big fan of Seagaur Red Label, but their Invisix would probably be a good choice too.

The 6' 8" "Wacky Style" Mojo is one of the most versatile spinning rods I've owned, not many spinning applications you can't use it for. I used it a lot for shakyheads, drop shot, wacky rig, weightless plastics, light t rigs, small cranks, small jerks, small topwaters, small spinnerbaits, tubes, skipping docks, like I said pretty much everything you can use a spinning rod for, I used that rod to do it at one point or another and it performed well. I mainly fished 8 or 10 pound Red Label on it.