Sign in to follow this  
Bassin-Yakin

Yo Zuri Hardcore cranks??

Anyone used any of these... they look pretty good, I like the smaller size with deeper diving depths...

I was in Gander Mountain today and noticed a whole section of them every size and color for $2.95 each, I didnt know much about the lures but the looked good so I picked up a few... now looking on the internet seems that was a GREAT price as they run from 8-15 bucks everywhere else.... wish I would have gotten a few more.... any comments on them??

I've got a few of them.  Pretty good lures.  A bit on the pricey side though.  At under 3 bucks a piece I would have bought a whole slew of them.

My gander has Yo-Zuri lures frequently in those hidden "Sale" endcaps, where you can barely see them. Usually atound 2.97 a pop.

The Gander Mountain in Knoxville TN put their Yo-Zuri baits in the clearance bin - I bought all they had for $2.95ea...unfortuneately, there were only 3 left. :-? There were no crankbaits left - I ended up with two Rattl'N Vibe lipless cranks and one Hardcore suspending minnow.  If they would have had more, I would have bought every one!

Oh, they work too. The photo below was a nice 16" fish that grabbed a Rattl'N Vibe the first time it was used. 8-)

YZ Hardore Cranks are excellent lures.

Yo Zuri are good baits. The Pin's Minnow is a killer stickbait. I have some of their tiny cranks and they are fine baits.

this store had probably 200 or so on one display... all for 2.95...  they had the vibes, suspending minnows, cranks, some topwater....

the guy working said they just put them out and they were flying off the shelves... it wasnt a clearance section...

this store had probably 200 or so on one display... all for 2.95... they had the vibes, suspending minnows, cranks, some topwater....

the guy working said they just put them out and they were flying off the shelves... it wasnt a clearance section...

Wow - I'm anti-baitmonkey and I still would have had to buy at least $100 worth - perhaps more. If I didn't end up using them all, I could always turn them over for a profit! They seem like good, well made, effective baits and have a good reputation. Since I'm pretty frugal, I wouldn't pay $8 on up for them...but at $2.95 - you bet!

Here's the perch-color Rattl'N Vibe that I got - great looking bait.

post-25396-130162888332_thumb.jpg

they make a lipless crank that is kinda like rubber on the outside... called "live" something... i cant remember... it has no rattles. i got 4 or 5 in a clearence bin at sports authority and man are they AWESOME. eventually i beleive that yozuri will realize that they can sell a boatload of their lures if they drop their prices. hopefully that wont equal less quality. till then i will go to every bargin bin i can and search for yozuri lures.

this store had probably 200 or so on one display... all for 2.95... they had the vibes, suspending minnows, cranks, some topwater....

Wow - I'm anti-baitmonkey and I still would have had to buy at least $100 worth - perhaps more. If I didn't end up using them all, I could always turn them over for a profit! They seem like good, well made, effective baits and have a good reputation. Since I'm pretty frugal, I wouldn't pay $8 on up for them...but at $2.95 - you bet!

Here's the perch-color Rattl'N Vibe that I got - great looking bait.

Yes, too bad I live an hour away from the store... my wife might be going back and I plan to get her to stop in and get some more... they had that exact vibe as well.... just about everyone that walked through that section stopped and picked up a few.... might be gone by the time I or my wife make it back...

Yes, too bad I live an hour away from the store... my wife might be going back and I plan to get her to stop in and get some more... they had that exact vibe as well.... just about everyone that walked through that section stopped and picked up a few.... might be gone by the time I or my wife make it back...

Me too - the Knoxville Gander Mountain is about a 50-60 minute drive from our house and we don't go to the "big city" that often! I was there earlier this week and checked the clearance bins and didn't see any Yo-Zuris - I didn't check the rest of the fishing section to see if they were on the regular racks but marked down to $2.95 price.  :-?