Sign in to follow this  
OK Bass Hunter

Educate me on Tube fishing

I have never fished for bass using a tube. I  would like input on rigging, line size, weights, hooks, rod, reel and situations where tubes are most relevant. Any help is greatly appreciated.

you can fish a tube pretty much in the exact same ways that you can fish any type of jig or soft plastic.  Hop, swim, drag, etc...

There is no shortage of Tube fishing video's all over the web. You can become an expert in a day just by reading and watching.

. You can become an expert in a day just by reading and watching.

Well if that's how you think you "become an expert" at anything it explains why alot of what you post makes little to no sense to me. You can read and/or watch videos all day, and sure that will give you a staring point, but............I dunno.........I guess I am old fashioned it think that time on the water actually using the bait, and gaining experience with it is the best way to learn. I have also learned in 20 years of fishing to take little advice from people that are self proclaimed experts.

I agree watching videos is ok for a starting point, but to learn a technique there is no better way to learn then by trying it out and finding what you like and works for you.

For me personally I like to use spinning gear, 6' 8" M/XF rod with a 2500 style spinning reel.  I like to use the Owner Phantom tube hooks and I like Yum and Strike King tubes and use a variety of colors.

For fishing them, you can hop them drag them, flip them, swim them etc...  Whatever style you want to try, I have found them to be very effective.

Later, :(

Tubes do not have to be fished that fast.

I dead stick tubes a lot.

Put one of these on a shak-e 2 toss it in weeds -rocks laydowns -HOLD ON

post-10214-130162888394_thumb.jpg

. You can become an expert in a day just by reading and watching.

Well if that's how you think you "become an expert" at anything it explains why alot of what you post makes little to no sense to me. You can read and/or watch videos all day, and sure that will give you a staring point, but............I dunno.........I guess I am old fashioned it think that time on the water actually using the bait, and gaining experience with it is the best way to learn. I have also learned in 20 years of fishing to take little advice from people that are self proclaimed experts.

Look, there are way to many ways to fish a tube to sit here and type it out. If someone want to know all or most ways to fish em its best to GOOGLE and do a little research. Then perhaps ask questions about something specific. Time on the water is the best way, but if you dont know then where do you start? Time on the water I have plenty of, but I dont claim to be an expert, I know what works for me. There was also 2 other active tube threads going when this one started.

No worries that you dont understand, I suspect alot of people dont. Its easier to see in action. Its obvious you dont like me, I dont really care.

I can understand what SeanW is trying to say, probably 75% of the new techniques I have learned this year have come from this forum and watching videos on you tube. You can become an expert on technique, rigging, and color selection by watching videos, but executing the technique takes time on the water. I think cabin fever is setting in, Time to take a chill pill and relax.

To keep all of this in perspective, the wacky rig was allegedly 'invented' by a fishing guide's inexperienced client some years ago.

LOL, an EXPERT at something using Google and YouTube?  Oh boy.  No, that's called research, or becoming informed.  Becoming an expert is achieved through practice, unless you are an internet fisherman.

:(

To keep all of this in perspective, the wacky rig was allegedly 'invented' by a fishing guide's inexperienced client some years ago.

The real genius is the one that copied the client, and showed others what he was doing.  :(