Sign in to follow this  
bmadd

rain suit

I know this has been asked before but I could only find one thread in search. I am looking at buying a good Gore-Tex suit and I am having trouble deciding between Cabelas Guidewear, BPS 100MPH, and the BPS Pro Qualifier suit. I've read reviews on each store's website but I'd like to hear the pros/cons from some of you instead of some of the same people who post reviews on items before they are even for sale. Thanks

There was a long thread on rain suits a few weeks ago and it seemed that the general consensus was that the Cabela's Guide Wear was the way to go.  Of course I read the thread a few days after I bought a top of the line Gander Mountain suit.

They are all good suits.  Make your purchase on the basis on which one fits the best, because they aren't exactly the same.  BPS gear has more logos on it, so there is the uncompensated walking billboard factor to consider.

I wear the BPS 100 MPH bibs but not the parka. I just feel it is a little stiff in the sleeves. I match it with the ProQualifier parka with inner liner. Not sure if it's just me or not, but it just feels better. Plenty of protection and all you need in this area. Just what i prefer.

Most any of the name brand outfits are well built and will do a good job. Pick what you feel comfortable in.

I'm leaning slightly more to the BPS suits since I can drive an hour and a half to try those on. There isn't a Cabelas close enough to make the trip worth it. How are the Cabelas on size?

When I was at Bass Pro the other day I checked out the 100 mph suit and the BPS PQ. I liked the Pro Qualifier because the bibs had a zipper so you can relieve yourself without pulling the bibs down. I noticed that the 100 mph bibs had a zipper also but there is some thin material behind it that may make it hard to utilize without taking the bibs down. This is just what I saw, I have never tried either suit.

I'm leaning slightly more to the BPS suits since I can drive an hour and a half to try those on. There isn't a Cabelas close enough to make the trip worth it. How are the Cabelas on size?

Cabela's talls have always fit me better than the BPS talls.  If sleeve length or inseam length is an issue for you, I'd recommend the Cabela's.

They are all good suits as mentioned. Ive been wearing the Cabelas Guide Wear for over 10 years(yes the same one).

get the bps 100mph suit, its amazing.

Saw a red columbia suit the other day at Gander Mountain that looked sharp.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Cabela's Guidewear. The sizes

are exactly as described, mine was bought online. I bought

the outfit I am wearing in my Avatar in 2002 or 2003

and it is a "new" as the day I bought it! Some guides claim

they have worn the Guidewear for 20 years!

8-)

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Cabela's Guidewear. The sizes

are exactly as described, mine was bought online. I bought

the outfit I am wearing in my Avatar in 2002 or 2003

and it is a "new" as the day I bought it! Some guides claim

they have worn the Guidewear for 20 years!

8-)

Another sizing question, did you buy a size bigger than you normally wear in shirts?

No

I am "Medium" everything. Medium fits perfectly.

If you are "Large", large will fit perfectly.

I havent tried the cabelas suit. I can tell you one thing is that the BPS 100 mph is awesome.  I have had it now for 2 yrs. I got the bibs, jacket and liner.  It is the best coat and bibs I have ever used.  I also use it for snowmobiling in northern michigan.  I am always warm and dry. 

Hope this helps,

Jenga

I purchased a new suit a few weeks ago.  I purchased the FroggToggs Firebelly series.  $59.00 for the tops and $59.00 for the bibs.  I have been pleased so far. We got 8" of snow in North Alabama this week and I have played with my little girl for hours laying in snow and everything else and have not got wet or cold.  I only had 1 normal layer underneath.  I can't wait to see how they hold up to downpour.