Would you go with a 6.3:1 gear ratio or a 8.1:1 gear ratio for worm and jig fishing?

This really depends on how you fish a jig.  I use 6.3-7.1's.  I personnaly like the fast retrieves.  I fish a jig with the rod and only use the reel to pick up slack or catch up to a running fish. 

I agree, I like the faster reels to catch up.

This really depends on how you fish a jig.  I use 6.3-7.1's.  I personnaly like the fast retrieves.  I fish a jig with the rod and only use the reel to pick up slack or catch up to a running fish.

I am the same way.I use a couple Daiwa Vientos in 6:3:1 if I am wanting a little different action because the twitching bar gives it a nice little hop. I also use a Zillion SHA 7:1, Aggrest 7.3:1 and recently picked up a T3 in 8.1:1. All for Jigs or flipping and pitching set ups. I like to pick up slack fast.

Also don't rely entirely on ratio as it varies company to company. The ipt is the important factor. That said I have an 8:1:1 tatula and it'll be used for pitching jigs and also frogs. It's always easier to slow down then to speed up imo.

slow down with ur mind. speed up with ur reel

• Like 1