Sign in to follow this  
misfit1III8

Strike King Sexy Swimmer

Absolutely love this bait and I actually find myself using this more than my Spro Swimbaits as I have caught a number of Smallies and Pike on them. They have been just awesome in the rivers for me.  Sadly though at the end of the season last year I tossed one at a log and it was just a tad too close and when the bait hit, it basically exploded (came apart at the joints). I hate losing $15 bucks so quickly..  :-? Anyone else like these?? Or have this happen?

KVD could take a crap in a box, call it sexy, and people would buy it.

KVD could take a crap in a box, call it sexy, and people would buy it.

Only if he put a hook in it.

Missfit you will find that the Sexy Swimmer will break at the joints.  I have broken 2 of them but keep buying them back as they will catch fish.  There are times they will not work but when the fish are on that pattern I find they will catch fish nearly as well as the more expensive hard swimbaits.

kind of a bummer they're known for that.. maybe thats why they're 5-10 buck cheaper than the Spro's I also use. Hate to have that happen with a nice fish on though..

The king shads do the same thing, I went through 4 of them in one day because of the cold weather and hard wind  :'(. It does suck when you lose a bait like that but they do catch fish really well. You don't buy them to sit in your tacklebox and look pretty anyways  ;).

contact strike king about it they'll replace it plus some

in my experience they wont even contact you back, i told them that i had a few jigs that just fell apart and never got a response and in my book that is bad customer service.  This is why i have completely stopped buying their jigs.

Just last week I recieved 4 Red Eye Shads in the mail along with a hat and magazine because I simply emailed Chris Brown and told him the two Red Eye Shad I had had blown up like a blowfish.  Thats pretty good customer service if you ask me. ;)

For the record.. I mentioned the Swimbait falling apart simply because I was surpised it happened not to knock the lure itself. In regards to the jigs. I have also used the Strike King swim jigs alot for the last two years and to date I have never had an issue with those. My only complaint is that the Pike like them alot and I have replaced one too many of them simply because of that. 8-)

i caught my two biggest bass on these within 4 minutes of each other last year.  never had one break from hitting rocks or logs yet, but i lost one to a fish and watched him jump and throw the lure about 15 feet and i was unable to find it. absolutely love this lure and i find myself using this more than other swimbaits i got