Sign in to follow this  
crankbait2009

Flat tire tubes......

i purchased a tube kit from cabelas for the upcoming season and i was checking them out a little closer and noticed that they are not covered in salt nor are they scented.

they actually smell like 100000% plastic/rubber. has anyone purchased these and sprayed a scent on them like garlic or coffee etc....?

how does it work?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bargain-Cave/Fishing/Soft-Baits%7C/pc/105591780/c/105740280/sc/105744780/Cabelas-Flat-Tire-31-Piece-Tube-Kit/704193.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fbargain-cave-fishing-soft-baits%2F_%2FN-1102772%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105744780%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253Bcat105591780%253Bcat105740280&WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat105591780%3Bcat105740280%3Bcat105744780

I have heard the trick of putting them in empty coffee containers and letting them sit.

Also, let me know how you do with those tubes.  I am going to start fishing tubes this year and those looked pretty good.  Thanks in advance.

i have never fished tubes before other than crappie tubes.  I am looking forward to fishing with bass tubes this year.  I was looking on BPS and Cabelas sites and came across the ones int he first thread......BPS doesnt carry tubes with eyes nor do they have the same look.  so i figured what the heck!!

look good but smell bad :).

i will definitley post back here when i have fished and if i have success....scratch that.....WHEN I HAVE SUCCESS  ;D

i have never fished tubes before other than crappie tubes. I am looking forward to fishing with bass tubes this year. I was looking on BPS and Cabelas sites and came across the ones int he first thread......BPS doesnt carry tubes with eyes nor do they have the same look. so i figured what the heck!!

look good but smell bad :).

i will definitley post back here when i have fished and if i have success....scratch that.....WHEN I HAVE SUCCESS ;D

I like the confidence! 

Another thing, a friend let me borrow a dvd with Mike Iaconelli  "Advanced Finesse Bass Strategies."  He talks some on the dvd about tube fishing, there was some good tips in there, you might want to check it out. 

Tubes rule. You should keep some smaller ones also for those times they don't want to go big.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_90784_100007006_100000000_100007000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL

There really is no wrong way to fish a tube. I've even used them as jig trailers.

I really like the BPS tender tubes.  They have a very small profile.  I have used tubes with "eyes" or that had a shad type color pattern but I always go back to solids with flakes

i have placed the tubes in an empty coffee can and i actually have just a little coffee granules sitting int he bottom to make sure that the tubes will remain coffee scented. 

if they sit in the coffee granules too long, will the coffee stain the tubes?  If i were to leave the tubes in this can with the granules for a long period of time (like 1-2 months), will the coffee damage the tubes?  will they end up losing color?

My RI sweet beavers smell like nothing but %100 plastic and they catch fish.