Sign in to follow this  
Bassguytom

Blade Baits With Feathers

Have any of you guys used blade baits with feathers? I just picked up some of these and was wondering. I'm thinking they will work. Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Color-VIB-Blade-Metal-Feather-Fishing-Lure-Crankbaits-Bass-Crank-Bait-10g-22g-/400706877587?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5d4bfdb893

I don't see why they should be different to the regular blade baits. A lot of guys swear for feathered rear trebles in surfsce baits and I swear I see no difference at all.

They do look good.  And at a buck per with free shipping, they sound like a deal.  However, my first hesitation would be to question the hooks quality...and if they're suspect, then changing them out would defeat the feathers aspect. 

How about those Kastmaster-like spoons with the LED lights....lol....but then again...maybe?......:)

Been having decent success with blade baits recently but haven't tried the feathers yet.

Might be a decent way of slowing the bait's fall a bit if that's called for.

A-Jay

I haven't owned a blade bait since I had a Heddon Sonic in my tackle box as a teenager in the '70s (and I don't think I ever put it in the water). 

I just ordered an assortment of those blade baits with the feathered trebles the OP mentioned.  I couldn't resist the price.  That has led me down the wrong road on a couple of ocassions though...   time will tell if they're a good deal or not.

Tight lines,

desmobob

I haven't owned a blade bait since I had a Heddon Sonic in my tackle box as a teenager in the '70s (and I don't think I ever put it in the water). 

I just ordered an assortment of those blade baits with the feathered trebles the OP mentioned.  I couldn't resist the price.  That has led me down the wrong road on a couple of ocassions though...   time will tell if they're a good deal or not.

Tight lines,

desmobob[/quote

It's blade bait time! Break one out you will be pleasently surprised. I could not resist the price either and have never seen and blade baits with feathers. I think it's either going to mess up the action or catch some fish. I hope you catch a ton with yours.

• Like 1

It's blade bait time! Break one out you will be pleasently surprised. I could not resist the price either and have never seen and blade baits with feathers. I think it's either going to mess up the action or catch some fish. I hope you catch a ton with yours.

Thanks...  I hope they work well for you, too!  Thanks for pointing out the bargain.

Tight lines,

Bob

No, but I've tied squirrel tail onto the rear treble of a couple of Super Spots, so action-wise it's in the neighborhood.  I don't think the fish felt one way or another about it, but there is definitely a "wrigglier" look to the action, and they do catch fish.