Sign in to follow this  
iceintheveins

Drag On Curado E Not Clicking After Cleaning

Took my Curado 200E5 apart last night to give it an annual cleaning. Got everything back together fine but the drag is a pain in the butt since it's spring loaded. Put it back together and everything is working properly, except the drag isn't clicking when I turn it, though it works just when I tested it.

What gives?

There is  a little spring and pin that seat in the top of the star drag.  These are parts that make the clicking sound, they often fall out during cleaning or removal of the drag star.

Is the click plate installed upside down?

No I might have had the pin and spring fall out. I don't remember seeing them above the star, just the plate above and the retainer pin.

I do and I don't remember seeing them. They might have fallen out and I didn't notice it.

I do and I don't remember seeing them. They might have fallen out and I didn't notice it.

It happens,  look around where you took the reel apart, you might get lucky and they will be laying right there.

Magnet and flashlight for what ? It just doesn't click, the clicker performs no other function than to click, the drag is functional. Order the parts from Shimano amd screw the lost ones. Never ever dissasemble a reel without the schematics right there on your face where you can see them.

I have a good flashlight and a good magnet, I'm sure I'll find them. Have found screws from other reels before when looking.