Sign in to follow this  
rippin-lips

Need Some Help From The Daiwa Upgrade Junkies

I have a px68 and would like to know what drag star/s I could use in place of the stock one. I'm talking stock Daiwa parts that I can buy. I know there is a conversion to make the drag click and

you can use the Steez or Pxr star then. For me it's not worth $75 for that conversion. I've test fit my Steez drag star on the px and it will go on but I'll need a different spool tension cap as it hits. Secondly it appears that I need a longer drive shaft also. The drag star won't go down past the step on the driveshaft. So when the handle is installed you can't loosen the drag up. Maybe I already answered my own questions but was looking for a direct swap out. If I'm buying a drag star,spool cap, and driveshaft then I'm only a few parts away from the clicker conversion anyhow.

If your not doing the clicker conversion then theres really no reason to switch out stars unless you just want a different look/color. Hedgehog has nice stars but there expensive, japan tackle has the alphas r star that i believe will fit...

Personally, all that adds weight. Not a fan of that.

Ive got a few PX68s and haven't done the drag star conversion..  It doesn't add THAT MUCH WEIGHT Grams at best.... Ive done bearing upgrade, worm bearing and pretty sure added 2 more handle bearings...

I pretty much set the drag on the pixys to where I need to be and leave it..

If your not doing the clicker conversion then theres really no reason to switch out stars unless you just want a different look/color. Hedgehog has nice stars but there expensive, japan tackle has the alphas r star that i believe will fit...

I'm just looking to tinker. The stock star is really boring. The alphas R star is the same as the px's

Ive got a few PX68s and haven't done the drag star conversion.. It doesn't add THAT MUCH WEIGHT Grams at best.... Ive done bearing upgrade, worm bearing and pretty sure added 2 more handle bearings...

I pretty much set the drag on the pixys to where I need to be and leave it..

Yeah I talked to you on facebook about this a little bit. I've done the same things to mine.

I'm familiar with the site. It tempts me everyday.